• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Greetings from the "Keystone" State

smokin' burt

Smoke Blower
Joined Mar 14, 2007
Hello all. I know I'm under the "just getting started" label...but I've been smoking fish and game since 1982 when I got my first electric smoker as a Xmas present. Thought I knew it all and then found this site... here's where the fun begins...anyway, Hello to my fellow smokers and may we share many recipes, tecniques and swap lies over the course of our time spent together....SMB

cajunsmoker

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined May 21, 2006
Welcome aboard, there is a good group of folks here from Pa. Glad you found us.

tonto1117

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Jan 25, 2007
Welcome to the SMF SMOKIN' BURT!!! Looking foward to reading your post's and "swaping some lies" with you.

up in smoke

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined Jul 12, 2006
Hi, Smokinâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji] Burt, Youâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]ll fit in real well here, always glad to have a fellow Penn Woods aficionado on board, grab a chair!

meowey

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jul 16, 2006
Welcome, welcome! Glad you are here! Don't forget, we live food pron. Take lots of pics.

Take care, have fun, and do good!

Regards,

Meowey

BTW - I grew up in PA, and my father in law still lives in Bradford County, PA.

shellbellc

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Jun 7, 2006
Welcome aboard from a Southeastern PA resident...You'll have ideas out the wazoo after reading this site. Although, when you mention fish, opening day is just around the corner!!! Did my first fresh smoked trout last year. It was awesome!

Anyway, settle in and get reading!!

Dutch

Smoking Guru
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
OTBS Admin
Group Lead
Joined Jul 7, 2005
Nice to have you join us, Burt. Looking forward to your contributions to this GREAT site!

Enjoy!

deejaydebi

Legendary Pitmaster
Joined Nov 18, 2006
Welcome Smokin Burt -

I think the sign is just startin the forum for you!

smokin' burt

Smoke Blower
Joined Mar 14, 2007
Thanks to all you good folks for welcoming me aboard. I have been smokin' on electric smokers for about 25 yrs. now (mostly fish) and I'm on my 3rd one. I have a few basic recipes I use because they are "tried and true" and they're probably nothing any of you hasn't seen, done, tried, etc. etc. I don't smoke a lot of meats...maybe some Venison once in awhile or some sausages because I'm really not impressed with the way electric smokers work on Gamemeat. I have the plans and I want to build a larger smoker from an old (steel lined) refrigerator. I plan on using gas vs electric for the heat source as I have researched some and concluded that gas is easier to control temperature with and for the simple fact that as the power goes out in the rural area I live in I know I'll be able to continue my smoking process without interruption. I want to start doing a lot more "cold smoking" and be able to do more volume as well. Any ideas, suggestions, or info in general would be greatly appreciated. I also have some good sausage recipes I'll get around to sharing as well. Thank you all again......SMB

tsulcoski

Smoke Blower
Joined Jul 12, 2006
Smokin Burt,

Welcome to the forum..........where in NE pa?........Scranton area here.

smokin' burt

Smoke Blower
Joined Mar 14, 2007
I'm about 2 hrs or so northwest of Scranton...just across the border from Elmira N.Y. in Bradford Co. Pa....SMB

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.