Greetings from the Georgia Mountains!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

artisanbeard

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Jul 5, 2012
Mountain City, GA.
Hello fellow meat smokers,

I am new to the site and wanted to introduce myself. I am a youth pastor and culinary herb farmer from Mountain City, GA. I am a former chef who loves to keep my culinary skills sharp by cooking whenever I get the chance (my wife has no complaints about this). I tend to find myself making charcuterie often, and I love a good sausage and BACON!!

My father created a spice rub business which donates all the profits to help fund youth groups and church missions projects...and it tastes darn good too!

I am currently in the planning stages of my first smoker/grill build and I'm pretty excited about it. My brother is getting me a used 100-gallon propane tank which will eventually be fitted with a pellet grill assembly and Smoke Daddy on one side of the tank, and I am fitting a traditional smoke box on the other side...not sure on the details or how it will work yet, but I wanted to be able to have the ease of use of the pellet grill/smoke daddy, but also be able to use logs if needed (my "backyard" is the Appalachian mountains...lots of fuel available!) I will be posting my smoker concept on the build forum and see what you guys think and how it could work.

Thanks for having me on your forums, and I look forward to many good discussions on some delicious smoked meats!

-Kyle (ArtisanBeard)

Hi Kyle! 
welcome1.gif
 to SMF!!! We're happy you joined us!

Kyle,
Glad to have you here with us. Check out our smoker build forum-lots of home built smokers there and lots of great ideas.

My question for you is "Why the Smoke Daddy?" Most units that I'm seen are buggers to clean out. Get a hold of TJohnson here and check out his pellet smoker units-works great plus you don't need to have an air pump to keep it going.

Looking forward to seeing you in the forums~

Enjoy the Smoke!

Kyle,
Glad to have you here with us. Check out our smoker build forum-lots of home built smokers there and lots of great ideas.
My question for you is "Why the Smoke Daddy?" Most units that I'm seen are buggers to clean out. Get a hold of TJohnson here and check out his pellet smoker units-works great plus you don't need to have an air pump to keep it going.
Looking forward to seeing you in the forums~
Enjoy the Smoke!
Thanks! I looked up his stuff and I am assuming you are referring to the A-Maze-N-Smoker, right? I didn't know that existed, and it looks like it will be perfect for my set up (not to mention a lot cheaper)! One of the guys from my church has a custom cabinet shop, and they are right behind my house, so I have access to an unlimited amount of hardwood, untreated sawdust...so this looks awesome!

Thanks again, and to the others who welcomed me!

Hello Kyle and 
welcome1.gif
to SMF - glad you joined in the fun 

Thanks everyone for the welcomes! I just registered for my first Q competition and I haven't even received the tank for my build yet...
eek.gif
! Luckily, it is at the end of October, so I should have some time to get it built and get a feel for it...I hope. Wish me luck!

I look forward to getting in on some of these throw downs y'all have on here...I am always up for a challenge, friendly competition, and some good smack talk! 
icon_mrgreen.gif

I'm getting hungry thinking about all this good food...

-Kyle (ArtisanBeard)

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky