Greetings from Central New Jersey

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jimtrvl917

Original poster
I just joined this forum this morning, and already I've gotten great advice. I'm a Valley Forge, PA guy transplanted to Central New Jersey nearly 25 years ago... There is a reason New Jersey is called the Garden State - just avoid the NJ Turnpike and the northern half of The GSP, and you'll get a better understanding of the place. So, my kids gave me a Masterbuilt electric smoker for Christmas, and I've already tried it out 4 times. I really need this site, as this is my first foray into really smoking meat. So, I am really excited to read all of the great recipes and tips out there!

[h1]
texas.gif
Hello and welcome from East Texas. This is a great site, lots of information and great people that are willing to throw in their two cents worth on about anything.   
[/h1][h1]  [/h1][h1]Gary[/h1]

Welcome to the SMF Family. There are a lot of MES owners here and we have seen every problem that can come up. First thing you need to do is get a good Digital Thermometer and if you wish to smoke without reloading chips every 30 minutes or smoke things like Cheese and Cured Sausage like Kielbasa at temps below 180°F, you will need an AMNPS Pellet Smoke Generator. They give 10 hours of Thin Blue Smoke (TBS) in a variety of wood flavors. Both units are available from the member that designed the unit specifically to over come the short falls of the MES. Check it out at...http://www.amazenproducts.com/Default.asp  Good luck...JJ

Welcome to the group!  Congrats on that new MES!  You'll find that this is a great place to share ideas on smoking, grilling, etc.  There are plenty of folks here who genuinely enjoy helping one another.  Looking forward to your input, and just ask when you need anything...someone here will surely have the answer.

Red

Jimtrvl917,

Hi and welcome. I live in Howell/Jackson area and work in Hackensack.fully aware of your travel description. Garden State huh? Been in my spot now 34 years and am finishing my 275 reverse flow with trailer and my dedicated whiskey barrel chees and bacon smoker. If you. Pass me on 195....wave hello, while not yet painted, you can't miss it

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky