Greetings from central NC! Newbie

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokinbrew

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jun 23, 2012
Pittsboro, NC
I am brand new. I am a home brewer and minor league griller/smoker I have smoked small items on different smokers. Usually a turkey every Thanksgiving. Pork shoulders, ribs, a brisket. I have a Chargriller barrel smoker/grill with a firebox. I am going to do my first whole hog in 2 weeks for my daughter's first birthday party! I am building a cinder block pit for the event at my mother-in-laws. (with her permission). I am very excited and a bit anxious. I am planning on a 60# pig. I am trying to decide between a local butcher or the farm where we get our CSA. The farm, is of course more expensive, 80 bucks more, but if I can swing it, I know it will be worth it. I will be reading posts all week. I am building the pit on July 3rd for a test drive on the 4th. Wish me luck!

Hello and 
welcome1.gif
to SMF - glad to have you here 

Please do us a favor and update your profile with your location 

Welcome to the forum SmokinBrew. I hope you'll consider joining the NC group here. Please keep us posted on your block pit cause it sounds like a great project. And by the way, we love pictures here so don't forget your camera!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky