Greenhouse Ideas!?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Rafter H BBQ

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 18, 2013
S.E. Idaho
Hey all, my wife would like a greenhouse!

I would like to do a DIY if anyone could be of help…

We live above 5,000 ft… our winters and wind can be brutal at times….

She doesn’t ask much…. Well, a chicken coop too… 🤣

Finishing that tomorrow and moving on to the greenhouse plans…..

So what color green does she want? Lime green? Dill pickle green? Are you gonna paint with a brush or spray paint it? :emoji_blush:

Just kidding bud! Hope you get some good ideas!

Ryan

Reactions: JLeonard
We combined the two! The end of our greenhouse houses the coop and the run for the chickens comes off that end. Here are a couple pictures
06B4025D-6F6E-4472-824E-25F2468F64E9.jpeg

5570EBAC-9F6F-4D41-8FD7-3A07794E5B2A.jpeg

3BDB26FF-BE15-4D12-9154-053C886B4578.jpeg

It was done with mostly repurposed stuff-windows, siding, roof, and most of the interior wood. We are able to keep the ladies warm in the winter and open up the windows to help cool it in the summer.
I am considering changing the roof to swap in a few greenhouse panels for more light.

I made this one twenty years ago. Just replaced the plastic this year. Super easy to build. I had no plans, just went with what I know how to do. I live in Northern Ontario were it gets 40 below and lots of snow. So it is a tough green house.

20190216_124708.jpg

Reactions: Brokenhandle
That's what Justin needs! I've seen pics of his snow he gets lol! I'd need it for the wind!

Ryan

A lean-to pole structure with corrugated clear panels….. put slider windows/openings (you can make them out of the corrugated panels) on the high side. Keep it under 200 sq ft and remember the 1/3 rule of post in the ground for post above…add a collar on the base of the post in the ground for the uplift……. Keep it under 9ft on the high side w/ a 4/12 roof as well…….us 3/8s equivalent bolts for connections be sure each connection has a min of 2 3/8 equivalents……

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky