Green Chicken Enchiladas and Charro Beans

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BrianGSDTexoma

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 1, 2018
North Texas, Texoma
Finally made these. Was trying to wait until taste buds starting working but was needing something spicy to try to clear head. Made Jeff's charro beans. Added serrano and habanero's to it. Still did not seem spicy so added some Ghost Pepper hot sauce.

20210726_152741.jpg 20210726_154314u.jpg

Roasted couple hot Hatch peppers. Added some onion and pepper.

20210726_135255.jpg 20210726_135813.jpg

Added sour cream, green sauce and cheese and mixed up.

20210726_141323.jpg

I have come to love this cheese. Has such great flavor. These low carb corn tortilla are better than the regular.

20210726_141329.jpg 20210726_142206.jpg 20210726_141810.jpg

Assembled and sprinkled some hatch pepper seasoning.

20210726_143331.jpg 20210726_144255.jpg 20210726_144437.jpg

Finished. Really could not taste much but going by the sweat coming off my face think it was spicy. Did not do much to clear my head. I so ready for what ever I got to be over!

20210726_153959.jpg 20210726_154823.jpg

Really Nice! I usually do a Creamy Chicken and Green Chile Enchilada with Red Chile Sauce. But I recently developed a taste for Tomatillo Green Sauce and need to make a batch with it...JJ

Reactions: BrianGSDTexoma
Man I am sooo craving this. Looks great! I make mine pretty much same way. Maybe you did it but one thing I found to be essential is to fry the tortillas. I actually just bought real hatch chilis (canned) online for this. Hope it kicks it up a notch.

Finally made these. Was trying to wait until taste buds starting working but was needing something spicy to try to clear head. Made Jeff's charro beans. Added serrano and habanero's to it. Still did not seem spicy so added some Ghost Pepper hot sauce.

View attachment 505686View attachment 505696

Roasted couple hot Hatch peppers. Added some onion and pepper.

View attachment 505695View attachment 505694

Added sour cream, green sauce and cheese and mixed up.

View attachment 505693

I have come to love this cheese. Has such great flavor. These low carb corn tortilla are better than the regular.

View attachment 505692View attachment 505690View attachment 505691

Assembled and sprinkled some hatch pepper seasoning.

View attachment 505689View attachment 505688View attachment 505687

Finished. Really could not taste much but going by the sweat coming off my face think it was spicy. Did not do much to clear my head. I so ready for what ever I got to be over!

View attachment 505685View attachment 505683

That looks awesome man! Where do you get those tortillas?

Looks great Brian. Very well done. Since you can't taste it there's no sense eating the stuff. Might as well pack it up and send it my way :emoji_laughing: I'll put it to good use, I promise.

Robert

Where do you get those tortillas?

You have to order online. Kinda of expensive but they are good. They also make great chips. Do a search on A LA MADRE. They keep good in freezer.

ooks great Brian. Very well done. Since you can't taste it there's no sense eating the stuff. Might as well pack it up and send it my way :emoji_laughing: I'll put it to good use, I promise.
I can tell you cooking and eating not much fun when you can't taste. If the chicken did not need to get used probably would not of made. No word back on Corina Test. I did have shot but you can still get it. I had let my guard down but going back to taking precautions. At least sanitize hands in public places! Not just Corina out there.

I did find out it not Corina.

Last edited:
Reactions: tallbm
Man I am sooo craving this. Looks great! I make mine pretty much same way. Maybe you did it but one thing I found to be essential is to fry the tortillas. I actually just bought real hatch chilis (canned) online for this. Hope it kicks it up a notch.
I do fry about 10 seconds a side. We coming into Hatch pepper season. Should be seeing them in the stores. I do my own roasting as store do not do a very good job. Also the stores that make Hatch pepper stuff usually get seasoning in 5 lb bags. That stuff is golden. If you ask they will usually give you some.

Reactions: zwiller
Mind blown. What the heck is that stuff?!
I thought I had it figured out last year but never tried make some. Market Street usual hooks me up and Brookshires will give some. I still have a little. Next time make trip down there going to see if will order me a bag . If I get one will send some out to want's it. If not going to buy a bag of red and green and try making. I know salt and cumin for sure.

I sprinkled some on a plate to see if could tell anything. All I see is red and green.

20210727_151831.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: zwiller
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky