Great price on 23mm Collagen casing for snack sticks

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

indaswamp

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
Apr 27, 2017
South Louisiana-Yes, it is HOT
So, while at the deer camp, we made a run into town for supplies and groceries and the guys were telling me about this spice and butcher supply shop in town.
https://townsendspice.com/
We stopped by to look around. I found their collagen casings at a very decent price of $7.
IMG_20211123_193935405.jpg

What I like about these 23mm casings is that they slide very easily onto a 10mm stuffer tube. Just a very small bit of wiggle room, and no resistance at all.
IMG_20211123_194111588.jpg

No hassle, no need to uncoil the casing onto the tube.
IMG_20211123_194202673.jpg

I had been using 21mm collagen casing and though I could force the entire casing onto the 10mm tube, it took a lot of force and the hole had to be perfect. I look forward to see how these 23mm casings work out...especially for the price.

Last edited:
P
Podunk, middle of nowhere Arkansas....I agree-great price! And I had to share it with you guys!
"Podunk" hahaha that's my coonass brother speaking right there! Made my day Inda. Hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving!!

How do you like them casings? Did you use them yet?

How do you like them casings? Did you use them yet?
Used them twice. Made two runs of snack stix. Some of the casings were just like the 21mm that I have, and some were a little darker color and had a sticky surface for some odd reason... not quite oily. i used both and no issues after smoking and drying. They seem tougher than the 21mm I was using as I could really put some pressure on them to fill them tight. I will buy them again.

Last edited:
Reactions: WI Smoker77
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky