Great Page, looking forward to posting and reading more...

Discussion in 'Roll Call' started by larouchea79, Aug 16, 2017.

1. larouchea79

larouchea79 Newbie

I'm Andre, I live in the Indianapolis area.  I have always enjoyed grilling, but fell in love with smoking when my friend needed me to 'store' his tow behind Large format Propane tank top load smoker.  It had a large fire box and a massive meat area.  I had quite a few parties where he showed me the ways of southern BBQ.  Ever since then I was hooked.  

Attached is a picture of the smoker I built from my grandfathers old GE refrigerator.  I removed all the compressors and fridge parts, stripped out the insulation and replaced with fiber/ceramic high temp insulation.  Painted it a fire engine red (high temp caliper spray paint) and added some racks for the inside.    

I also use the Loki Wifi meat thermometer (recent kick starter project, that works great for tracking 4 different meat probes.  Its the small black round thing stuck to the side of the pellet hopper.  The smoker attachment is a smoke daddy pellet pro that works great for maintaining temperature.  

I am into Ribs, Brisket and Pork Shoulder.  But I am going to experiment with sausage, turkey and other meats.  I am always looking for advise on rubs, marinades and other techniques.  

Looking froward to contributing to the community.  

Thanks

Andre

2. smokinal

smokinal Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Welcome to SMF!

Glad to have you with us!

Al

larouchea79 likes this.
  3. Rings Я Us

Rings Я Us Master of the Pit Group Lead

Curious.. you have a back yard? That is a nice azz smoker.. very cool.. hope that we get to see food pics from it. Lol.. just kidding about backyard.. I know you rolled that out front for artistic reasons.. and to make people driving by jealous. 😂
    :welcome1:

Last edited: Aug 16, 2017
  4. ososmokeshack

ososmokeshack Smoke Blower

Welcome to SMF! Nice looking machine.

5. larouchea79

larouchea79 Newbie

Thanks Rings R Us.  My back patio was under construction while I took this picture.  But I do like to make the neighbors Jealous ;)

@Ososmokeshack, Thanks.  Im looking forward to getting advice from all the seasoned vets on the site. 

Dre

6. mike5051

mike5051 Master of the Pit SMF Premier Member

Welcome to the forum!  That is a nice looking smoker!

Mike