Graivty fuel?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

hooked on smoke

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Aug 24, 2013
Southern California.
Greetings
Okay all you gravity feed experts. I have assembled my 800 and am ready for the initial burn in. What is your fuel of choice, lump or charcoal? And why?

Thank you for your input. I'm looking forward to getting this bad boy going.

Last edited:
Congratulations and get ready for some great food!
While any brand is okay for the burn in, you will get many ideas on which brand is best for Cooks. I personally prefer BNB Char logs when I can find them. I order them from the local Ace Hardware but they have had problems getting them in lately. They seem to give me a longer burn time and low Ash. I've had good luck with all of the B & B products but the hopper is currently loaded with RO bricks. That's all I had at home and I have no complaints with them either. I have found that the Masterbuilt firestarters seem to work best for me. Open the doors, light it up and is ready to go in about 2 minutes

Reactions: hooked on smoke
Congratulations and get ready for some great food!
While any brand is okay for the burn in, you will get many ideas on which brand is best for Cooks. I personally prefer BNB Char logs when I can find them. I order them from the local Ace Hardware but they have had problems getting them in lately. They seem to give me a longer burn time and low Ash. I've had good luck with all of the B & B products but the hopper is currently loaded with RO bricks. That's all I had at home and I have no complaints with them either. I have found that the Masterbuilt firestarters seem to work best for me. Open the doors, light it up and is ready to go in about 2 minutes
Thanks 912smoker. Good to know and thank you for sharing.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky