Graduation Smoke

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bame

Original poster
May 5, 2009
i just finished trimming, slathering, and rubbing 2 butts, 6 loin back ribs, and 2 st. louis ribs (with skirts and trimmings). I have to have them done by 6:30 friday (i'm pulling the butts). I'm thinking of starting at 2am to give myself time since I'm at the beach and rain can come just about whenever. Does that seem like enough time for that quantity? i'll post pictures when i get a chance. I'll be using this forum to keep me awake (and a case of bud light) so post whenever

That seems like it would be enough time. Maybe sure you cook the butts to internal temps. The ribs, well you will just have to know.

Jumped the gun a little early (0000) to beat a 1600 shower. I had trouble getting my heat up in the first hour (my left side was running well below 230) now I'm locked in at 230 on both sides at 0440. My first ribs are getting close to finish. Camera is charging and I'll get some pics around sun up (for proof)

Sorry this took so long but to get the pics up but here they are.

All in all the cook went well. My guests enjoyed the food and now i'm looking for a new excuse to crank out food in that quantitiy again. (then again making bbq for people from Conn. isn't too hard since they think TGI Fridays made the original pulled pork)
7e150d27_vbattach21208.jpg

6644b63c_vbattach21209.jpg

a03941db_vbattach21210.jpg

310acc55_vbattach21211.jpg

Looks excellent! Thanks for the pics.

Nicely done Bame, beach and BBQ, not too often we see that here! Maybe you can start a trend!

I'll be honest I feel bad for the guys up north. It been 70 here since Feb. Gives you alot of oppurtunities to smoke

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky