Graduation Butt

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Kevin DeShazo

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
Nov 7, 2018
As stated in a previous post, my kids get to have a graduation tomorrow. Having my mom and brother in law over for it. Have a big portion of the food catered but I wanted to do a butt for it.

So rubbed up my butt with a mix of SPOG with some chipotle and a bourbon mesquite rub made by Cuisinart last nite
20200603_062656.jpg

Then made an injection apple juice, SPOG, butter and bourbon and gave it a good shot of that before it went into the smoker this morn at 630
20200603_061730.jpg

In the MES it went with a mix of hickory chips and some bourbon barrel char. On ocassion gave it a light bastenof apple juice cuz forgot to get a spritzer bottle. MES ran at 225 from 630 till 5p then bumped the temp to 275
20200603_091514.jpg

Pulled it when the temp hit 200 and it was fall apart goodness
20200603_194239.jpg

It will go into a crock pot tomorrow morn just to warm it up.

That looks great Kevin and I'm sure it'll be some good eating. . Tell the grad congrats and hope the day goes good

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky