Graduation Butt

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Kevin DeShazo

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
Nov 7, 2018
As stated in a previous post, my kids get to have a graduation tomorrow. Having my mom and brother in law over for it. Have a big portion of the food catered but I wanted to do a butt for it.

So rubbed up my butt with a mix of SPOG with some chipotle and a bourbon mesquite rub made by Cuisinart last nite
20200603_062656.jpg

Then made an injection apple juice, SPOG, butter and bourbon and gave it a good shot of that before it went into the smoker this morn at 630
20200603_061730.jpg

In the MES it went with a mix of hickory chips and some bourbon barrel char. On ocassion gave it a light bastenof apple juice cuz forgot to get a spritzer bottle. MES ran at 225 from 630 till 5p then bumped the temp to 275
20200603_091514.jpg

Pulled it when the temp hit 200 and it was fall apart goodness
20200603_194239.jpg

It will go into a crock pot tomorrow morn just to warm it up.

That looks great Kevin and I'm sure it'll be some good eating. . Tell the grad congrats and hope the day goes good

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky