Grad Party

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Nice spread , nicer 'stang . Is that the Grad gift ?
I had an A code 2 + 2 GT . ' 66 .

Its family, Im ready to help. The grad is my cousins daughter. The grads sister works with myself and another cousin of mine at my cousins tropical fish store. Then again i did agree to do this after work after my cousins husband brought the beer. 😂
Sorry for the derailment...but tropical fish store?? I wish I lived near that. I run 15 fish tanks up to 125 gallons with central/south American cichlids and a 5000 gal koi pond in the back.
catfish1.jpg
catfish2.jpg

fish.JPG

fish2.JPG

Sorry for the derailment...but tropical fish store?? I wish I lived near that. I run 15 fish tanks up to 125 gallons with central/south American cichlids and a 5000 gal koi pond in the back.
View attachment 634405View attachment 634406
View attachment 634407
View attachment 634408
Totally cool I love working there and I love the fish. Its a cool store. Biggest in MN for sure. That pond is awesome!!! Got some great butterfly koi that would look great in there.

Reactions: clifish
bigfurmn bigfurmn and clifish clifish :
Here's a strange one for you:
We had an aquarium when Bear Jr was little, and I was known to sneak a couple of fresh water young fish in with the regular Cheap tropical fish. Such as Bass, Trout, Catfish, Bluegill, Killifish, etc, etc.
One time I put a few 2" Bullhead Catties in, but I didn't throw flies or worms in for them. I just kept sprinkling the tropical fish food in. Guess what happened----Their mouths grew shut. I guess just from lack of use.
Ever hear of such a thing?

Bear

Reactions: noboundaries
Everything turned very good, thanks for hanging in there with me!
Bearcarver Bearcarver , I’ve never heard of that but it makes sense. I’m not too up on the native fish since I was much much younger. I started working for my uncle at the store when I was 13. About 12 years ago my cousin bought the store from my uncle.

bigfurmn bigfurmn and clifish clifish :
Here's a strange one for you:
We had an aquarium when Bear Jr was little, and I was known to sneak a couple of fresh water young fish in with the regular Cheap tropical fish. Such as Bass, Trout, Catfish, Bluegill, Killifish, etc, etc.
One time I put a few 2" Bullhead Catties in, but I didn't throw flies or worms in for them. I just kept sprinkling the tropical fish food in. Guess what happened----Their mouths grew shut. I guess just from lack of use.
Ever hear of such a thing?

Bear
never heard of such a thing, did they die soon after?

I once scooped up some small fish from a pond thinking they were mosquito fish. They turned out to be large mouth bass and they grew to 4" really quick. ended up catching them on a fly and hand line to return them back to the lake...lol

never heard of such a thing, did they die soon after?

I once scooped up some small fish from a pond thinking they were mosquito fish. They turned out to be large mouth bass and they grew to 4" really quick. ended up catching them on a fly and hand line to return them back to the lake...lol
Yup---Died. Another one of my experiments that went down-hill.
I once put a Largemouth Bass in. He was only about 2" long.
Then Mrs Bear's neons starting not showing up for Reveille.

Bear

We have a giant Pacu at the store that is the same way. He’s our garbage disposal for dead fish. 😂

We have a giant Pacu at the store that is the same way. He’s our garbage disposal for dead fish. 😂
That is funny as they are vegetarians in nature. Not sure they sell them at stores as they get over 3'. If you like the looks just get some silver dollars or red hooks.

clifish clifish It also amazes me people buy oscars anymore, but they do. That Pacu is about ad vegitarian as you or I are. Pretty sure he just had to adapt to survive. We sell quite a few arrowana and things also that get big. I just make sure to warn people they get huge.

Reactions: clifish
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky