Graber Campfire Grill

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Johnny Ray

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jun 22, 2019
Western, KY
I’ve had this Graber Campfire Grill for a longtime. Used it a few times when I first got it and then pretty much neglected it for years.
The grills are made in Shipshewana, IN. and they now make a firebox for the grills so I bought one last week while visiting my in-laws.
C731151B-7E4A-484C-94CD-FCC7A803CBA8.jpeg

The grill is 16”x 26”. I dug out an area slightly larger and fill it with sand.
For my first cook I threw on some thighs, legs and sweet corn.
I made my fire with a base of RO charcoal briquettes and KJ jumbo lump. Then added hickory splits and let them burn down to coals.
4C062B71-50DA-4612-9659-D14A1E513FFB.jpeg

I injected the chicken with Butcher’s BBQ Honey Booster and dusted it with On-Point AP rub followed by a dusting of carne asada rub. The corn was naked.
All done and ready for dinner.

BD885CD0-C059-4F27-B14B-4CBC32403860.jpeg

Plated up. My wife made steamed green beans with toasted almonds and butter.
She also made cilantro butter Using cilantro from her herb garden for the corn. Mighty fine meal.

A121EA8B-D55F-41A3-AD22-0A7D8DAB92FD.jpeg

I really like this grill. It’s super simple, height adjustments are easy and unlimited (kind of like a cheap Santa Maria grill) and stores without taking up much room.

Thanks for looking.
Johnny Ray

You cant beat food cooked over live coals, I have a 36" cowboy grill I am going to make into a argentine so I can adjust the temp and raise the grate to add wood, looks like yours can swing out of the way?

You cant beat food cooked over live coals, I have a 36" cowboy grill I am going to make into a argentine so I can adjust the temp and raise the grate to add wood, looks like yours can swing out of the way?
It was pretty tasty. Yes it swings out of the way to add coals. Be sure to post pics of your setup when you get it done.
JR

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky