Grab a napkin...its Beef Dip time!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
It's been a while since I posted anything. Life's had me pretty busy lately...
I had a big craving for a beef dip sandwich so I figured I share.😁

Started out with some chuck cut in to stew meat and a giant French loaf
View attachment 657591

This was 3lb seasoned with some Montreal steak seasoning and a packet of onion soup mix. Then into the cast iron to sear the pieces all around and build some good flavor.
View attachment 657576View attachment 657577

Once it's all nicely Brown it goes down into the instapot. All the bits of brown goodness in the cast iron gets deglazed with a 32 oz container of beef broth and then an additional onion soup mix packet mixed in. Pour over the beef and set the pressure cook for 1 hour with a natural release.View attachment 657578View attachment 657580

while that's doing its thing I get the bread ready. I used about a third of the loaf which is about a foot long. Buttered both sides and toasted it under the broiler.View attachment 657581View attachment 657582

Once the instant pot has relieved all of its pressure it's time to open it up and build the sandwich. This stuff smells amazing!View attachment 657583

Our new pup Miss Willow patiently waiting for her taste😂🤣
View attachment 657579

Now this is where it gets a little weird but delicious so hang with me here. We're going to layer swiss cheese the beef and onion chip dip. It's an amazing combo and really makes the sandwich come out on top.View attachment 657584View attachment 657585View attachment 657586View attachment 657587

Stack it all together wrap it up for a ride in a 350° oven for about 15 minutesView attachment 657588View attachment 657589

And finally it's time to eat! Grab a bowl and Spoon out some of that beef au jus from the instapot. Give it a dunk and enjoy!View attachment 657590

Man this thing was massive and it was delicious. Every last bite! Thanks for taking a look!
Fantastic, would crush one of those.

Man you came back in like a wrecking ball! That’s a great looking sammich! I’d hurt myself trying to eat the whole loaf.
7387F580-3C89-4192-971E-D5D1AD47CED5.jpeg
And this is Zeke. We are fostering him while his mom recovers from back surgery and an extended stay in rehab.

Jim

Reactions: Buckeyedude
That really looks good, now I'm hungry, thanks
Thanks Jim !
About time you came back and gifted us with your amazing sandwich skills! Looks great Travis!
Thanks Steve !
Fine looking sandwich Travis. Welcome back

Point for sure
Chris
Thank you Chris !
YEAP! Great looking sammich!
And good write-up too!
Thanks yankee!
That sammy looks really good !!
Thanks! It really hit the spot!
A fine piece of work Travis, and it looks as tho in might actually fit into a unhinged jaw! Don't stay away for so long, you've been missed! Miss Willow is a real cutey! RAY
Thanks Ray, I'll try and not stay away for so long, willow sure is a cutey! Shes been a great addition to the family and the boys enjoy the responsibilities that come along with her😊

Killer looking Sammie Travis!
Great post!!
Al
Thanks Al!
That's a great looking sammy. I hope willow got a taste. Is she a black lab pup?
Thanks Bigtank! Yes black lab. Her dad is a red and mom is a silver.
Looks great Travis ! Nice to see ya bud .
Thanks! Been too long!
Awesome sandwich! Big like!
Thanks inda!
That's a nice appetizer sandwich to hold one over until the other 2/3 of it is done ;)

looks great! Were you pretty happy with the meat on an hour cook? It doesn't look dried out at all, even though it's fairly lean. but in my instapot if I cooked cubes that long they would be cardboard dry. I gave up on my instapot for beef because I never could get it just right.

I've been known to slop some onion dip onto a hotdog or a sandwich...... glad I'm not the only one.
Thanks ! Not sure why yours it coming out dry, I do make sure there is plenty of liquid . I will say that chuck can seem extremely dry if not cooked long enough. I snacked on a peice after Browning and before going into the instapot...dry and almoste Jerkey like. Its possible your not going long enough. When I do a whole roast its more like hour and 20-30 mins. Also the natural release makes a difference.

Finally the sandwich king returns! Glad to see you positing Travis. That looks extremely good. I am a huge fan of onion dip on sandwiches and wraps. Also if you haven’t tried it check out Sam’s club Fried Pickle Dip. Also crazy good on sandwiches.

I gave up on my instapot for beef because I never could get it just right.
Don't give up . We can get ya dialed in if interested . I brown in the instant pot , then go 50 minutes natural release . Great shredded beef and pork .

Reactions: Sowsage
I’d hit that sandwich and hard. Looks great. Nice to see you Travis.
Thanks! I had a second one last night lol.
Oh! You're back alright! I missed the mouthwatering delights man.
Good looking dog too....
Thanks man! I'll try and keep them coming.. Need to use up the last of that huge French roll..🤔
Awesome looking sammich Travis! And Miss Willow looks like a beautiful little girl... how old is she?
Glad to see you again. I was thinking not long ago about someone putting chip dip on a sandwich but couldn't remember who... think now I know lol!

Ryan
Thanks Ryan , willow is 6 months now. Her favorite part of the day is waking the boys up for school with a slobbery good morning kiss.😂🤣
Willow is a pretty pup! Looks like my youngest son's Jackie!
View attachment 657614
Thanks Steve , jackie is a good looking dog! Willow is my fist lab . always had beagles.
Ss, Great looking sammie and a great looking pup!
Thanks crazymoon!
Well that's a heck of a return, Travis!! Very nice sandwich and Miss Willow is gorgeous...
Thanks! Its good to be back!

TRAVIS!! Welcome back my friend, and you come back with a vengeance. Awesome looking sandwich, but we really wouldn't expect any less from you :emoji_wink: Hope things are calming down for you but I gotta ask....how is Ryder? I'm still waiting to see that rib eye thread from him :emoji_laughing:

Robert

Awesome post and sammie
Thanks pc!
I could go for that right now! Hope the pup didnt have to wait too long for her taste 😎
Lol! She got her taste...funny how well behaved they can be when they know there is food to be had as a reward!
Fantastic, would crush one of those.
Thanks BB-que!
Man you came back in like a wrecking ball! That’s a great looking sammich! I’d hurt myself trying to eat the whole loaf.
View attachment 657620
And this is Zeke. We are fostering him while his mom recovers from back surgery and an extended stay in rehab.

Jim
Thanks Jim! Been away too long! Zeke is a good looking dog! Hope his moms recovery goes quick and smoothly!
Holy dipped samich! That’s a home run!
Thanks civilsmoker !
Oh hell yeah!
I just finished a big bowl of chips-n-salsa, but I'd chow down one of those sammies.
Thanks chile!.. I had some green salsa and chips with my seconed one last night lol!

Reactions: JLeonard
Finally the sandwich king returns! Glad to see you positing Travis. That looks extremely good. I am a huge fan of onion dip on sandwiches and wraps. Also if you haven’t tried it check out Sam’s club Fried Pickle Dip. Also crazy good on sandwiches.
Thanks Jeff! I'll look for the fried pickle dip that sounds good! First thing that came to mind with that on it would be a big BLT!😋
Don't give up . We can get ya dialed in if interested . I brown in the instant pot , then go 50 minutes natural release . Great shredded beef and pork .
I agree..love mine and turns out some great meals in a hurry when needed..
TRAVIS!! Welcome back my friend, and you come back with a vengeance. Awesome looking sandwich, but we really wouldn't expect any less from you :emoji_wink: Hope things are calming down for you but I gotta ask....how is Ryder? I'm still waiting to see that rib eye thread from him :emoji_laughing:

Robert
Thanks Robert!.. Ryder is doing good! Not to worry he will get a post going soon😊
Oh my that is just a scrumptious looking sandwich.
Thanks TK!

Reactions: chopsaw
Cool twist with the dip added as a condiment. I bet that does bring the flavor.

Great looking sandwich! Im a big fan of the chip dip also on sandwiches! That truly made my mouth water!

Reactions: jcam222
Sandwich looks amazing, definitely going to have to try this. The wife is a huge fan of French Dip so she will love this. I don't have an insta-pot but I'm sure an afternoon in the crockpot will work just fine.

Sandwich looks amazing, definitely going to have to try this. The wife is a huge fan of French Dip so she will love this. I don't have an insta-pot but I'm sure an afternoon in the crockpot will work just fine.
Thanks! And absolutely..crock pot will do the same for sure. Insta pot just speeds the process up. Hope you guys enjoy it!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky