Gourmet McMuffin

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Sven Svensson

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Dec 5, 2021
Sonoma County, California
One of my weaknesses is the simple McMuffin that has now become more expensive than a Starbucks breakfast. If I’m going to spend $14 for a single breakfast meal deal that is no longer a deal, I’m going to make it myself with much better ingredients.

Let’s start with homemade dry brine bacon smoked with cherry and plum. Then use a good Gruyère, shredded on top of a farm fresh egg. Put it on a world-changing English muffin from Model Bakery in Napa, CA. These English muffins are legendary and so famous they sell out every afternoon and many days before noon. You put them in a toaster and it only takes a couple minutes for a perfectly golden crust to form and the best part is there is so much butter in these you can see and hear them sizzle right out of the toaster. I’m convinced these will be served each morning in Heaven.

I’m certain my gourmet McMuffin is less expensive than the #2 breakfast meal deal and I know for a fact the taste and satisfaction doesn’t compare. And preparing it even takes less time than the drive thru. We’ll just ignore the calories.

6BF439BF-5C5D-4050-8D42-C920D4201635.jpeg

Could you point me in the direction of the drive up window please! Looks really good!
Ryan

Reactions: bigfurmn
I will have one that way and could you start making some sausage rounds also for that .

Not that far for me from the East Coast , ha ha
Or I could get Door Dash or one of the delivery guys to pick up for me

Looks great and done your way , always better

David

That looks awesome. When I was a child, my mom would make egg mcmuffins for my sister and I. Nothing fancy like that... basic English muffin, Canadian bacon, fried egg with American cheese under the broiler. I can still taste those crispy edges. Moms were million times better than the original, so I'm betting yours are off the charts good!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky