Gouda wheel - six months of aging

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

LoydB

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
May 31, 2022
Apparently I never did a "making of" thread for this. It is a perfect Gouda, creamy and slightly sweet. Six months in the cave.

1702146302793.png

Nice job on the Gouda, spiced Gouda is one of my favorite cheeses to make. I haven't made cheese in a while but picked up 40L of milk this morning 5.7% MF still deciding what to make.

Looks great, I almost got into cheese making but started brewing beer instead.

Beautiful! I love visiting the markets in the Netherlands and trying the different kinds of Gouda. We may visit Gouda in March when we visit our daughter and granddaughter.

Reactions: babydocsmoker
Nice job on the Gouda, spiced Gouda is one of my favorite cheeses to make.
Thanks! What kind of spices?

Looks tasty! Are you going to smoke any if it?
Thank you. If it every gets freaking cold enough to cold smoke here, yes :(

Looks great, I almost got into cheese making but started brewing beer instead.
Thanks! I homebrewed for almost 20 years (at peak had 5 kegs on tap at any time). That was back when I regularly had dozens of people over to play games, watch the Cowboys, jam, or whatever. When we moved and that tapered off, I realized I was gonna weigh 300+ pounds if I kept at it so stopped.

Looks really gouda!
Reported. :)

Beautiful! I love visiting the markets in the Netherlands and trying the different kinds of Gouda. We may visit Gouda in March when we visit our daughter and granddaughter.
Thanks!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky