Got the garden started...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

fpnmf

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jul 19, 2010
Fl
Tilled up some of the back 40 and raked it out some...

Gonna put in some compost and till and rake again...

Got all of the seeds started..

This gardening is a lot of work...

Lunch box bell peppers....minis..

Japs and habs...

Onions,mini watermelons and acorn squash....

This kalanchoe is amazing...the big stalk is making babies..then the stalk dies..

Succlents...

These are the mothers of my aloe farm...in 5 gallon pots..

Sedums are overtaking the trees and yard...

Looks awesome Craig

Wife and oldest daughter are both off work next week for school break.  We hope to get our beds up to snuff then too.  Been too windy, cold & wet so far. 

Wanted to work on getting the tiller & other equipment running today, but had to put it off.  Had the water pipe into the other house break about 2' outside the house where the copper transitioned to PVC.  Water company caught it when they read the meter and found we used 15,000 gallons more than usual.  $475 bucks later it's fixed along with a few other "need to's".  Good news is the water company will adjust the bill since I fixed it the day after they reported it to us.

Looking good Craig.....  My peppers sprouted today.... 16 days to germinate.... I thought they were a failure.....   Dave

Looks great!  It has rained so much here that the garden area is just mud.  Red clay mud!  I cant even get into mine to amend the soil much.  Gotta get ours cranking!

Your looks wonderful!

Kat

Looks awesome Craig
Thanks Jerry...that's a big compliment coming from you..I appreciate it!!
Wanted to work on getting the tiller & other equipment running today, but had to put it off.  Had the water pipe into the other house break about 2' outside the house where the copper transitioned to PVC.  Water company caught it when they read the meter and found we used 15,000 gallons more than usual.  $475 bucks later it's fixed along with a few other "need to's".  Good news is the water company will adjust the bill since I fixed it the day after they reported it to us.
Water is the deal here too...small town..water is kinda expensive...I am gonna get a separate meter for outdoor water use...less than half the price of house water...they will turn it off in the winter  and back on in the spring no charge..
Looking good Craig.....  My peppers sprouted today.... 16 days to germinate.... I thought they were a failure.....   Dave
All 4 of my peppers took a long time to come up too..The package sez it does take a while when it is cool out...
Looks great!  It has rained so much here that the garden area is just mud.  Red clay mud!  I cant even get into mine to amend the soil much.  Gotta get ours cranking!

Your looks wonderful!

Kat
Thanks!!!  

Last edited:
Looks good Craig!  I'm anxious to get mine going, but I'm not 100% sure winter is over here.  Tomorrow (good friday) is usually the day I get potatoes in, but I'm thinking I'm going to hold off a while.

Nice dude....but you're right....it is a lotta work....lol. I do a coupla raised beds and some old tractor tires full of taters and sweet peas. Mostly do HOT pepeprs for salsas & sauces. Keeps Grandpa off the street and outta the bingo hall I guess....enjoy

Nice dude....but you're right....it is a lotta work....lol. I do a coupla raised beds and some old tractor tires full of taters and sweet peas. Mostly do HOT pepeprs for salsas & sauces. Keeps Grandpa off the street and outta the bingo hall I guess....enjoy
Hahahaaaha...

It was start the garden or get a metal detector and go to the beach wearing  shorts and sandals with black socks....

Craig

Nice dude....but you're right....it is a lotta work....lol. I do a coupla raised beds and some old tractor tires full of taters and sweet peas. Mostly do HOT pepeprs for salsas

Hahahaaaha...

It was start the garden or get a metal detector and go to the beach wearing  shorts and sandals with black socks....

Craig

I'm SOOOOOO glad you went with the garden instead.... >wiping that vision out of my head

Last edited:
hhmmmm.. my post didn't come threw in the quote

I said I was glad you chose to do the garden.... {clearing that vision out of my head}

Last edited:
I said I was glad you chose to do the garden.... {clearing that vision out of my head}

Is this actually possible?

Will have to wait till we get rid of the rest of this snow before I can get out in the garden. Last year I had it tilled and planted with the cool weather crops by this time. Like we say here.........If you don't like the weather..........Wait an Hour, It'll change!!

Ha ha ha.......

Now I don't feel so bad about those black socks & flippy flops.  Must be a retirement thing.

ps - Scary thing is I have a metal detector......

Hahahaaaha...

Craig
I thought I saw you the other day......Was that you ???? 

QFZQFf2-VFfVN6vPFF32kjGkBGS_2vuAehOF9_0xJLPe2j1jRK.jpg

I thought I saw you the other day......Was that you ???? 

QFZQFf2-VFfVN6vPFF32kjGkBGS_2vuAehOF9_0xJLPe2j1jRK.jpg
Does that shirt make me look fat???

Craig

Does that shirt make me look fat???

Craig
From one fat boy that knows you to another YES
banana_smiley.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky