Got some Hardcore Carnivore Black

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BrianGSDTexoma

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 1, 2018
North Texas, Texoma
All this talk about Hardcore Carnivore Black had to go get some. Had the day off thanks to the denist, 2 crowns and a filling so went to Academy. Needed some more Grub Rub anyway. Also picked up the Hardcore Carnivore Meatchelada Chili Lime seasoning. Looking forward to trying!

20210112_154057.jpg

Last edited:
Maybe it's just me (wouldn't be the 1st time) but somehow rubbing on charcoal dust/bits seems unhealthy???

Maybe it's just me (wouldn't be the 1st time) but somehow rubbing on charcoal dust/bits seems unhealthy???
It's food grade activated charcoal made from coconut husks mixed with various other seasoning. Garlic, salt, pepper and others

schlotz schlotz No, not just you. Seems like a gimmick to me. That said, activated charcoal has some health benefits and some people supplement with it. Supposedly helps with detoxing, gas, bad breath type of things. I have also seen claims it works well on hangovers :emoji_laughing:

I have been very underwhelmed by the various pro/comp/famous rubs I tried so I am hesitant try more. Strangely my favorite commercial rub was provided as a free sample.

I have only seem guys use the Black rub on stuff they Smoke or Grill. Heres a test i would like to see...Rub some on a Steak or Burger and Pan Sear. If it tastes like it came off the Charcoal Grill, then ill be impressed!...JJ

Haven't tried the Black or Red yet but the Meat chelada and the Camo are a couple we have liked. The camo on the last venison steaks I did had really good flavor and worked well still letting the venison show through.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky