Got my 32 qt pot

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
So without the "tuna can" mod the fire snuffed itself out at the five hour mark. Still had unused charcoal in the bottom
Maybe side vents with
A brass valve...

So without the "tuna can" mod the fire snuffed itself out at the five hour mark. Still had unused charcoal in the bottom
Maybe side vents with
A brass valve...

I've already made my recommendations.... I did a 14 hour burn at 250 on Saturday.

As the others said too many lit coals. The only time I even use the chimney is if I forgot my propane torch, or if I'm in a hurry and I'm cooking chicken.

Final test run of new mini half chimney of lit into half unlit . Let's see how long it burns and the temps with modified tuna type can

Well it snuffed itself out after five hours
And too temp was 300 before "tuna can" it was like 450 . Humm not enough air
I think I'm going to have to drill two holes in the base right under the lip . Like a gold joe

Well I bit the bullet and drilled two 7/8 holes
User the lip and installed to brass values
Gave it a test run and all charcoal was burned. 20 briquettes in a small circle at the center gave me 210 for two hours..
I guess next mod. Cut out the bottom!!!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky