Got in my first festival - need some help

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Here's another thought. What if you only had 1 item, say PP sammies, but they were the best that anybody has ever tasted. The word got around the event & you had a line a mile long. How about having someone walking around the crowd with a plate of PP giving out samples & letting them know where they could get a PP sammie?

SmokinAL - That is a good idea. I thought if I sold turkey legs I would give about 10 away for free and let people walk around with them

Mo - 3 weeks and counting  I hope I am thinking wrong but I caluculated about 1200 lbs of butt... I hope I am way off

Buck  I hope your ok down in AL. I know you near the area that got hit hard. 

Sorry guy's I have not replied in a few day's.  Trying to dig out of all this mess.  You can never imagine in your wildest dreams what it is like here.  We are OK and the trailer survived :)  I did get a call and the festival has been cancelled this year, they will not have power for at least 2 weeks.  I will try to send pics this weekend of some of the damage.

Hi Buckscent!

I forgot where you are from. Could you put that in your bio, so it comes up on your posts?

City & state----or Part of what state would be fine.

Glad you all are OK.

Thanks,

Bear

Sounds like all good advice above....until I saw the pic of the rig I was thinking 'oh, no'. With only 4 vendors and that many people I think you might be mobbed from early on. The PP sounds like a good one, easy to slap together and wrap. Turkey legs sound like a lot of time in the fryer or smoker. FF's are easy and cheap. Chicken tenders can be purchased pre-cooked---drop in the fryer for a few minutes and you're good to go plus the Health Dept likes the fact they be cooked. With all you have planned sounds like you will need a lot of cooler space. My 2 cents...focus on one thing you wanna push, like your PP sammies, and have smoke wafting through the festival to tantalize. Some fries, cole slaw and a chicken tender for the kids if needed...lot less stress for your first time. Best of luck....

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky