Got a question

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Are you grilling or smoking? Oak is great for smoking or grilling beef. It's all good my friend. 

icon_cool.gif

Yes oak is a good wood even for smoking so you don't just have to start the fire with it you can smoke with it too. Now you don't need to start all your new threads in the roll call header anymore. That is for the first time folks join up in here.

Roll call is only for new introductions, after that just start them in the category that pertains to what you are smoking or asking...

GO GREEN BAY...

fc1af332_gnb.gif

I usually use oak to smoke, preferably black jack if I can find it.  Today I'm doing a Boston Butt with native cherry (Florida) that I split on the log splitter and cut into 1" thick slabs on the band saw.  Looks pretty good so far.  This is my first butt, so don't have much to compare it to.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky