Got a Masterbuilt smoker for Christmas/Now I have to learn how to use it. Greetings to the group

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

baymee

Original poster
Dec 31, 2016
My son thought I needed a smoker just because he has one. I'm Chris from the Appalachians of eastern Pennsylvania. I've been a mechanic for over 50 years; my wife does the cooking. Actually I hate cooking but I love eating, so I'm going to try my skills with my new Masterbuilt 30" smoker. And I need alot of help!

My first smoke was pork loin using planer shavings of apple wood. It seems to be a desired wood and I happen to see an old apple tree in my father's orchard. I'm going to advise him that I need the wood and he's too old to climb it.

My next smoke will be a 4# brisket and I'd like to do it right the first time. It was $30. So I'm hoping that one of you nice people would guide me to a good step-by-step recipe and some advice. Thanks for allowing me to be in this group and to soak up some knowledge.

Welcome to the site Chris!  Bearcarver has awesome step by steps with using your smoker.  The search engine is also very useful.

Mike

texas.gif
  Good morning and welcome to the forum from a rainy day here in East Texas, and the best site on the web. Lots of great people          with tons of information on just about everything.

Gary

I smoked the brisket today after applying Jeff Phillips secret recipe last night. It took 7 hours to reach 200 degrees and I wrapped it in blankets for 2 hours until company came. There were 8 of us and everybody was complimenting the delicious taste of the sauce and tenderness of the meat. No additional sauce was necessary.

I followed the directions on the 2009 newsletter and the secret sauce and it was the most delicious brisket I've ever had. Thanks Jeff!

My next project will be ribs.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky