got a deal on pork butt. Now what?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

matlocc

Fire Starter
Original poster
May 19, 2016
Bay City Mich
I picked up some pork butt for a little over a dollar a pound.  Question is, could I debone it and cube it. Vacuum seal it and grind it at a later time or should I grind it and freeze it and season and stuff later?  Or just freeze the whole things? Can't work fastg  enough to use up 5 of em!

Thanks for all the help.

I would freeze them whole, then you can pull them out one at a time & decide what to do then.

If you cube them up your pretty much gonna make sausage, you may want to try some different things.

Like Charlie said Buckboard bacon is hard to beat!

Al

I got a bunch this weekend as well.  Hy-Vee had them for $.98/lb over the weekend. I bought about 30 lbs worth and froze each of them whole.  They'll be smoked and or used for mix with venison when we start making summer sausage, brats and sticks. Now to find and kill some venison!. 

thumb1%20copy.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky