Good smoke at low temp. How do i get wood chips to produce good smoke at 200-225?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mroyle

Original poster
Apr 5, 2020
How do i get wood chips to produce good smoke at 200-225? I have tough time getting them to be totally used up without turning up temp.

spread the chips out on a plate and nuke for a few minutes before you start using them,it works with pellets and I suspect it will work on chips too

How do i get wood chips to produce good smoke at 200-225? I have tough time getting them to be totally used up without turning up temp.
Welcome to the forum!
Frankly it's going to be hard to get wood to burn or smoulder at those low temps.
I use a piece of 2x4 with a hole drilled in it to hold my pit probe and usually run 250 to 270.
It's just barely charred and still intact after 3 years....

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky