Good Morning!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

indyadmin1974

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
May 26, 2007
Clemmons
I know, I know...trying out a new smoker after only using one once a long time ago isn't the best idea, especially at 4:30AM on Memorial Day in Indy. I couldn't resist though. My family bought me a new BBQ Grillware smoker for an early Father's Day gift and I've been itching to try it.

So I went all out and prepared a turkey breast, a half a pork loin and an 8lbs picnic. I toyed with my own rub and got things ready this morning. I went out to fire up the smoker and it was raining. I'm really kinda glad they got me the propane smoker when I woke up to that!

The bird is about done and I've got about 7-8 hours to go on the roasts. I'll let you all know what happens!

I'm glad I stumbled across this site! I read as much as I could before I fired things up this morning and I feel better now that I did. Look forward to being a part of the forum!

Have a great holiday everybody!

Welcome aboard SMF,Indy ,glad to have ya ! any questions,ask away and someone will have the answer,sounds like things are going good so far today,good luck,look forward to seeing your results,post pics if you can ...we all love those pics !!
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Man on man the rain is coming down now! I had to turn the fire up a bit, but things are going well! Unfortunately I bought a few new cigars to go along with my first smoke and the rain is putting a damper on that! Literally!

I'll see about the pics. Gotta find my digital camera...you'd think an uber geek would have one around wouldn't you!

Welcome aboard the mighty SMF! Sounds like you have a handle on your smokin', here's hoping that it all turns out for you despite the rain!

Oh, don't worry about the cigars and the rain, just send them to me... I'll keep 'em dry for ya'!
wink.gif

Normally I would send the cigars out because that's the kind of guy I am, but not today...got a Romeo & Juliet maduro and an Ashton churchill. I'm ready to roll! The rain has stopped temporarily...hopefully they'll get the 500 in today and we'll have a good party!

Welcome to SMF! Glad you are here.

There's nothing like a good cigar while smoking meat!

Hope you find your camera. We love the eye candy!

Take care, have fun, and do good!

Regards,

Meowey

Everything is done now except the baked beans...they're probably done, but I'm leaving them in for a few...it all tastes spectacular!! My camera is dead, but next time I will take pics!

Welcome to the forum. Hope you feel at home here among the friendly folks and continue to post your smoking adventures and share your knowledge. Don't be hesitant if you have questions.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky