Good Cheap Grill Cover?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Count Porcula

Meat Mopper
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Sep 25, 2020
Can anyone recommend a good cheap grill cover? I got a Napoleon Prestige 500, and there is no way I'm paying over $100 for a bag.

X2 on Amazon. The cover i picked up was a company called Supjoyes (no idea). But it was a 1/4 the price of a cover from Campchef. Its been through 2 -40 winters and +40 summers. Still in good shape. Just starting to show a bit of weathering. Probably get a least 1 more year or more. Pretty happy.

Corey

Have bought a couple different size covers from here. Good quality.

Wanted to follow up. I found some covers that look like they'll work well for my Prestige 500 and Smokin' It 2.

The OEM Smokin' It cover was not great. It has to fit a bigger model as well as mine. They said it fit both, but it was way too large for my smoker. I found one on Amazon that looks like it was made for it.

I paid too much for the Prestige cover, but it looked like maybe I could cinch it up and make it fit with the side table folded down. I wanted that so the grill would take up less room. Haven't tried it yet.

The little one is from Covermates; $37. The big one was about $75, from one of those Chinese brands with names that look like someone made them up while on drugs.

23 10 29 grill smoker new covers table new wheels crop small.jpg

Cheap tarps are good for about 3 years...and they shread as they wear out leaving a real mess. But the cheap BBQ covers from Amazon now seem to last over 5 years. And the thin ones last as long as the canvas-like ones. Unlike a backpack or luggage, they only have to support their own weight so strength is not really an issue...lifetime comes down to fabric and thread. (If they don't list a denier number, they're probably thin.)

Sharp corners are a cover's Achilles' heel so some judicious use of "pool noodle" toys on sharp cooking edges can help extend their life. My pellet grill has a troublesome smokestack so I cut a fence board to run alongside it, covered with noodle, and held upright with a piece of Masonite that straddles the gap between cooker and pellet hopper. (I remove it when cooking.)

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky