Gonna do an olive fed brisket

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

negolien

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Jan 1, 2020
Sacramento, Calif.
Hey All,

Heard some good stuff about the olive fed wagyu. Gonna try a 7.5 lb brisket in a couple weeks. Wondered if any of you have tried these yet? not gonna do anything weird. might do some injection but might just do a little kosmos SPG and let her rip.

Reactions: tallbm and JLeonard
If it's wagyu I wouldn't inject it. Either way looking forward to your smoke.

Chris

Reactions: negolien
That sounds really interesting. I wonder if the olive flavor will be noticeable in the final product. Course how can you go wrong with Wagyu!
Al

Reactions: negolien
Hey All,

Got it today it's a half. This is the Wagyu from Texas btw the Japanese wagyu is near impossible to get. Gonna be after Turkey day when I cook this so will check out some cooks before I try it. I haven't done a Brisket so should be interesting. I hear it has a slight peppery after taste and the fat seems a little darker than normal fat looks good though here's some pics.

Attachments

• meat 2.jpg
    meat 2.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 18
  • meat 1.jpg
    meat 1.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 18
  • top meat.jpg
    top meat.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 16
  • olive cert.jpg
    olive cert.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 15
Reactions: tallbm
Gonna be doin this one soon. Curious how I should go about the trim and if I should wrap per normal or let it ride. I got the reserve blend injection from kosmos.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky