• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Gonna do an olive fed brisket

negolien

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Jan 1, 2020
Hey All,

Heard some good stuff about the olive fed wagyu. Gonna try a 7.5 lb brisket in a couple weeks. Wondered if any of you have tried these yet? not gonna do anything weird. might do some injection but might just do a little kosmos SPG and let her rip.

gmc2003

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Sep 15, 2012
If it's wagyu I wouldn't inject it. Either way looking forward to your smoke.

Chris

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
That sounds really interesting. I wonder if the olive flavor will be noticeable in the final product. Course how can you go wrong with Wagyu!
Al

negolien

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Jan 1, 2020
Hey All,

Got it today it's a half. This is the Wagyu from Texas btw the Japanese wagyu is near impossible to get. Gonna be after Turkey day when I cook this so will check out some cooks before I try it. I haven't done a Brisket so should be interesting. I hear it has a slight peppery after taste and the fat seems a little darker than normal fat looks good though here's some pics.

Attachments

Latest posts

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.