Gonna attempt my 2nd brisket ever, tomorrow AM. Any suggestions?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Just remember, every piece of meat is different....WHY?....Who knows really, but it it true.....The Plateau is the strangest thing & I have even had temperatures drop about 4-5* during this with no change in wind, outside temps or anything with the smoker set at 225* the whole time.

I think your temps sound about right to me. I would get it to 165* and foil it.

I cooked one yesterday and the high was only 33. I did mine in the garage to block the wind and it worked out great, so I don't think the temp is going to be a problem.

Man, you guys who've helped out, completely rock! Thanks. An hour later (6 hrs), I'm still sitting at 160 degrees. I'm praying that I've hit my plateau and it'll stay within range for a while. I've moved the brisket away from the firebox and I'm soaking it with the mop; my temps have remained at the 220 level the entire time. The wind isn't blowing at all now.

You got it going on, sounds perfect, just be patient.

What time are you planning on serving it? If it gets done early, use the cooler method of keeping it hot. You can even pour hot water into the cooler (just make sure you dump the water out before adding the brisket
biggrin.gif
) to get it "pre-heated".......Put the foiled brisket in the cooler & pack the cooler with newspaper, towels, blanket, etc. This really works well!

Well here it is. Man, was it good! I foiled it at 165 with a healthy dose of mop, and when it hit 185 degrees it was sent to the cooler for a couple of hours.

This was the first time that I've taken photos of my food, and I don't think that the pics do it justice--I shouldn't have taken photos of the middle, oh well....Plus by the time I took these photos, my buddy and I were finishing off a 30 pack of Bud Light, so I shouldn't have been operating any electronic devices.

Anyway, the brisket had a great smoke ring, it was tender and juicy with a perfect amount of smoke flavor--zero dryness or toughness. Wow, I can't believe that this thing turned out as well as it did. One of the coolest parts to me was that the point pulled and the flat sliced.

We made some ABT's with a combination of cream cheese, cayenne, and cheddar; Dutch's beans; soul food mac n' cheese; home made BBQ sauce; and my wife made an apple pie. Good stuff!

Thanks so much to those members who helped me out during this smoke!

You should be proud it looks fantastic
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky