Golden Butter Buns; with Tangzhong and Sourdough starter discard

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
These are so good...I have a second batch in the bread machine making dough. Will let the rise in pans then freeze the buns for later.

Awesome looking buns Keith! And chopsaw chopsaw is dang good at alot of things... one of which is making dough and buns... he recently just helped me figure out a bun recipe from my wife's great grandma. Both my wife or her mom couldn't figure it out.

Ryan

Reactions: chopsaw
Can you expand on this, freezing unbaked, and baking at a later time?
Punch down the dough after first rise, form into balls and place in greased pan, let rise 80-85*F for 1.5 hours then pop the pans in the freezer. Once the dough balls have frozen, remove from bag and place in ziplock. will last at least a month. When ready to bake, pull out buns that you need, place in greased pan and cover with grease coated cling wrap. let warm to room temp. 1.5 hours then bake as normal.

Reactions: BrianGSDTexoma
I figured I'd mix it up and start bake into baking bread when I found my grandma's old cookbook. Need a lot of dough to buy meat nowadays......(but I'll still be doing it, just less of it).

Punch down the dough after first rise, form into balls and place in greased pan, let rise 80-85*F for 1.5 hours then pop the pans in the freezer. Once the dough balls have frozen, remove from pan and place in ziplock. will last at least a month. When ready to bake, pull out buns that you need, place in greased pan and cover with grease coated cling wrap. let warm to room temp. 1.5 hours then bake as normal.
Thank you for the instructions, got it bookmarked!

Last edited by a moderator:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky