Going to be an interesting year for new grills I think

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

miatawnt2b

Fire Starter
Original poster
Dec 30, 2014
Just saw an OK Joes Rider DXL that I was really impressed with, and already my Wallmart has the Bit Boss KC series and Lockhart that looks pretty sweet.
Now if they just had a decent WiFi app. Not this bluetooth crap.
-J

Last edited:
Reactions: negolien
That Pit Boss Lockhart looks pretty sweet! I just can't spend that kind of money until the reviews prove the bugs are worked out...JJ

Lotta new smokers coming out, pellet and charcoal, take a year or 2 to shake out all the wrinkles, wont be nothing but perfect for a short minute lol

Camp Chef has introduced a PID for their Woodwind grill/smokers. Supposedly retrofitted for the older models as well. Keeping an eye on how they work before I invest $250.

John
The retrofit PID WiFi controller works great for camp chef. I had and installed on and then uninstalled it and retrofitted on my step fathers grill instead. Can confirm it works great.

Attachments

• DCA9FDF9-8C30-49F5-9FDD-F952467D032E.png
    DCA9FDF9-8C30-49F5-9FDD-F952467D032E.png
    103.8 KB · Views: 43
  • 76FB7CD1-7FA3-4855-9DF0-F95D8F4DC5E2.jpeg
    76FB7CD1-7FA3-4855-9DF0-F95D8F4DC5E2.jpeg
    131.5 KB · Views: 46
  • D5266645-153E-47F7-B072-A9D334557F72.jpeg
    D5266645-153E-47F7-B072-A9D334557F72.jpeg
    95.1 KB · Views: 48
  • BDE5BBD1-E871-4434-9250-17F6C3685E83.png
    BDE5BBD1-E871-4434-9250-17F6C3685E83.png
    107.5 KB · Views: 54
  • DFDA6030-5A2A-4C82-A44B-EA1548BC2C11.png
    DFDA6030-5A2A-4C82-A44B-EA1548BC2C11.png
    122 KB · Views: 46
Yes really liking the Lockhart but just like everyone else I just can't s po end the money without some real world reviews. I know the cover for the new pit boss grills are a few months out.

I was really interested in the Lockhart as well until on another forum real-time users have said the top portion is really only good for cold smoking and also they are only Bluetooth.... disappointing.

Only Cold smoke may be good, depending on actual temps it can reach. So many pellet smokers won't go below 150. If the box can be controlled between 100 and 170, that would be perfect...JJ

Got a reply to my question on the temps on the upper cabinet on the Lockhart. This is what they said on the temps they were getting. With bottom at 180ish for smoke, the top was around 110-120. The bottom at 400 I was able to get the top to 270.

I could live with that. I use 130 to 170 for Sausage...JJ

Reactions: meskc
The retrofit PID WiFi controller works great for camp chef. I had and installed on and then uninstalled it and retrofitted on my step fathers grill instead. Can confirm it works great.

WisconsinCampChef WisconsinCampChef

Thanks for your response,

But I'm a bit confused. . . If the PID WiFi worked great why did you remove it from what I am assuming was your Camp Chef and installed it on your step father's grill?

Just wondering,

John BandCollector BandCollector

WisconsinCampChef WisconsinCampChef

Thanks for your response,

But I'm a bit confused. . . If the PID WiFi worked great why did you remove it from what I am assuming was your Camp Chef and installed it on your step father's grill?

Just wondering,

John BandCollector BandCollector

Hi John. After i purchased the camp chef i got a few upgrades for it. Everything worked great no issues with the wifi pid controller. However, i had the opportunity to buy a Yoder YS640 so i jumped on that. I couldn't justify keeping 2 grills that were basically the same. Though i am looking at picking up a Kamado style cooker right now. So since my parents had the same grill i thought i could install those accessories (PID wifi controller, folding front shelf, sear box, cover) on their grill save them some money while giving them the upgrades figuring i wouldn't get the return on the investment i had spent to get them. I then sold my camp chef as stock and used the money to upgrade the Yoder to the ACS wifi controller. The YS 640 is pictured in my avatar pic.

Reactions: BandCollector
While going through the local Wallyworld, I went to the Garden department to see if the new PB Platinum Series Pellet Grills were there and if the new Cuisinart Pellet Grills were there... and they were. Both the PB LockHart and KC Combo Grills were right next to both of the new Cuisinart’s Woodcreek and Twin Oaks Pellet Grills. Side by side there was no comparison, the PB Platinum Series Pellet Grills were hands down, look to be the better product. Cosmetically, the new Cuisinart Pellet Grills look a bit nicer because of the Stainless Steel finish, but the features and overall quality would go to the PB Platinum Series Pellet Grills... If I were in the market for a new pellet grill, I would definitely consider the PB Platinum Series Pellet Grills and the $747.00 price tag for each one would make it hard to resist.

Pellet Pro Austin XL and a few more mods... in SoCal and Always... Semper Fi

Reactions: chef jimmyj
I think I want the new MB charcoal smoker/grill , the pitboss aint going to die any time soon it looks like lol

Reactions: negolien
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky