Gift from the wife

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Really sweet Jake, congrats on the pans and the sweet wife, ones a lot harder to find than the other. I look forward to your creations. a lot easier for me to copy someone else's idea rather then try to think it up myself. Oh yeah, big like too! RAY

Awesome gifts Jake!! I love my cast iron pans more than any cookware I have anymore. I wish I had my 17” and 8 “ as well seasoned as my 12”. That thing is the greAtest non stick ever. It’s not rough inside but rather smooth from repeated use.

Reactions: TNJAKE
Really sweet Jake, congrats on the pans and the sweet wife, ones a lot harder to find than the other. I look forward to your creations. a lot easier for me to copy someone else's idea rather then try to think it up myself. Oh yeah, big like too! RAY
Thanks ray I got a few ideas.

Nice!! Those little CI pans are going to bump up your game. I love using those things.
But, I think you should start small and work your way up. Want to borrow my trainer pan?

ci pan.jpg

:emoji_wink:

Very nice gift from the wife, Jake! Looking forward to seeing you bust out some meals. I need to grab smaller pans too.

+1 for the Shiner. I had their Holiday Cheer for the first time at Xmas...good stuff.

Awesome gifts Jake!! I love my cast iron pans more than any cookware I have anymore. I wish I had my 17” and 8 “ as well seasoned as my 12”. That thing is the greAtest non stick ever. It’s not rough inside but rather smooth from repeated use.
Thanks Jeff. We have some big pans that are old and seasoned perfect

Reactions: jcam222
Very nice gift from the wife, Jake! Looking forward to seeing you bust out some meals. I need to grab smaller pans too.

+1 for the Shiner. I had their Holiday Cheer for the first time at Xmas...good stuff.
Yeah I couldn't wait any longer. Glad the wife pulled the trigger for me. Have you had the shiner prickly pear? It's delicious

Yeah I couldn't wait any longer. Glad the wife pulled the trigger for me. Have you had the shiner prickly pear? It's delicious

No I haven’t, I’m gonna look for it now. There’s a few places by me that have a good selection and allow you to create your own six pack.

I’ve only had the regular, holiday cheer and lemon pils. I liked the others but didn’t care for the lemon pils one.

Reactions: TNJAKE
the new cast iron is a little rough IMO. and a friend of mine bought a lodge also i brought my sander over and smoothed it out the we did the season with flax oil {repeat few times} as it does no degrade like veg oils ect. al my old cast pans are baby skin smooth . they were my moms .., at the thrift shops i often see old ones.. when you reseason remember upside down or if little to much oil it will puddle. course others have different ways its way we do it

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky