• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Gift from the wife

flatbroke

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Sep 16, 2007
That guy has some nice pans

smokin peachey

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Aug 1, 2016
That guy has some nice pans
Yeah you gotta season CI correctly. I remember a thread here years ago from one of the good old boys that detailed the sanding and seasoning of cast iron. If I had time I’d find it.

sawhorseray

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Oct 17, 2014
Really sweet Jake, congrats on the pans and the sweet wife, ones a lot harder to find than the other. I look forward to your creations. a lot easier for me to copy someone else's idea rather then try to think it up myself. Oh yeah, big like too! RAY

jcam222

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 13, 2017
Awesome gifts Jake!! I love my cast iron pans more than any cookware I have anymore. I wish I had my 17” and 8 “ as well seasoned as my 12”. That thing is the greAtest non stick ever. It’s not rough inside but rather smooth from repeated use.

TNJAKE

Master of the Pit
Joined Nov 26, 2019
Really sweet Jake, congrats on the pans and the sweet wife, ones a lot harder to find than the other. I look forward to your creations. a lot easier for me to copy someone else's idea rather then try to think it up myself. Oh yeah, big like too! RAY
Thanks ray I got a few ideas.

Steve H

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 18, 2018
Nice!! Those little CI pans are going to bump up your game. I love using those things.
But, I think you should start small and work your way up. Want to borrow my trainer pan?

ci pan.jpg

:emoji_wink:

xray

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Mar 11, 2015
Very nice gift from the wife, Jake! Looking forward to seeing you bust out some meals. I need to grab smaller pans too.

+1 for the Shiner. I had their Holiday Cheer for the first time at Xmas...good stuff.

HalfSmoked

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Jun 11, 2015
Nice gift wife smart keeping you in the kitchen and she just enjoys the results.

Warren

TNJAKE

Master of the Pit
Joined Nov 26, 2019
Awesome gifts Jake!! I love my cast iron pans more than any cookware I have anymore. I wish I had my 17” and 8 “ as well seasoned as my 12”. That thing is the greAtest non stick ever. It’s not rough inside but rather smooth from repeated use.
Thanks Jeff. We have some big pans that are old and seasoned perfect

TNJAKE

Master of the Pit
Joined Nov 26, 2019
Very nice gift from the wife, Jake! Looking forward to seeing you bust out some meals. I need to grab smaller pans too.

+1 for the Shiner. I had their Holiday Cheer for the first time at Xmas...good stuff.
Yeah I couldn't wait any longer. Glad the wife pulled the trigger for me. Have you had the shiner prickly pear? It's delicious

xray

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Mar 11, 2015
Yeah I couldn't wait any longer. Glad the wife pulled the trigger for me. Have you had the shiner prickly pear? It's delicious
No I haven’t, I’m gonna look for it now. There’s a few places by me that have a good selection and allow you to create your own six pack.

I’ve only had the regular, holiday cheer and lemon pils. I liked the others but didn’t care for the lemon pils one.

HalfSmoked

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Jun 11, 2015
Thanks for the like flatbroke it is appreciated.

Warren

Smokin' in AZ

Master of the Pit
Joined Jul 13, 2019
Definitely a keeper Jake!

Nice score on the CI pans.....

Can't wait to see your maiden voyage.

LIKE!

John

rc4u

Meat Mopper
Joined Jun 4, 2015
the new cast iron is a little rough IMO. and a friend of mine bought a lodge also i brought my sander over and smoothed it out the we did the season with flax oil {repeat few times} as it does no degrade like veg oils ect. al my old cast pans are baby skin smooth . they were my moms .., at the thrift shops i often see old ones.. when you reseason remember upside down or if little to much oil it will puddle. course others have different ways its way we do it

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.