Getting ready to buy some equipment - Need help

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I think I will take a stroll through Cabelas to see what size this thing is.
They're big . You should go take a look . Check out the pro series while you are there .

I am not planning on doing huge amounts of meat I just don't want to be dinking around feeding a grinder or stuffer all day. Done that before. Blah.
You can get a quality grinder for $200 or less to do what you want . The one I have , I can't feed it fast enough . 2 forward speeds and reverse .

Reactions: JC in GB
According to the box I got my 1 1/2 hp grinder in their 3/4 hp grinder at the time was 40 lbs, and mine at 68 lbs. I definitely don't carry the whole thing around but in pieces, cuz it's a hog.
As far as stuffers, I have the 5 lb hakka horizontal stuffer and really like it. Not real big but I don't stuff alot and it's a good starter for me.
According to cabelas website the difference between the carnivore and the commercial model is the air flow and way it cools the motor. Kinda confusing to me since the only carnivores I've seen are commercial grade.
From lems the big bite is $480 with $7 delivery. Home depot has same grinder for $ 116 less with free delivery. Plus you can add extended service plan for $55, which starts at the end of lems 5 yr warranty. Worth checking but also how much you trust their customer service. I have no knowledge of either of them.
Ryan

I have the Cabelas 1/2 hp commercial.. it's a beast (heavy) as well... as others said.. it will chew up anything you throw in it... no problems with mine ether...

As for the stuffer your looking at... I believe those have the elbow out the bottom of the canister, correct ?? A lot of meat that can't be pushed into the casing (don't want to call it "wasted" meat as it can be fried in a patty)... I just prefer it all go into the casing .... The LEM big byte tube comes out the side (at very bottom)... very little meat left in canister after stuffing ...

I have a Cabela's 1 hp for years and ground thousands of pounds of meat through it with ease.
Its a beast. LEM also makes a nice grinder although I don't have one of those. No matter what you decide I'm sure both grinders will work great for years to come. IMHO if a Cabela's is near your home, I would steer towards the Cabela's. You can get accessories and attachments if needed in a jiff.......... My 2 cents

Boykjo

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky