Garlic powder

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dave17a

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Dec 23, 2012
west central Mo
Well decided to make some powder this year. Second year of growing garlic. Got next crop in ground, looked like all rooted, will shoot some leaves up a few inches. Anywho, got 1.8oz. of wet garlic, before dehydrated. . What a pain skinnin'n. Sliced bigger cloves. Sorry no pics of wet stuff. Put in dehydrater 12 hrs or so. Dont have any temp settings, just turn it on. Cheapie. had a few bigger ones took a little longer. Ended up with.68 oz. after dried. lost a little over half its weight. All ground up and packed. much better than store stuff.
Thanks

Reactions: ironhorse07
We grow garlic but have not tried drying and grinding yet. I plant as close to Halloween as possible and cover with 3-4 inches of straw. I don't see any sprouts above ground till Spring. Usually ready for harvest in late July. This year we planted "Music" and "Incheleum Red" varieties.

Maybe the home grown acts different , but the store bought I lay the cloves on a cutting board , and smash with the side if a french knife . Skin comes right off .

I seen a video where they put the cloves in a container with a lid and shook the hell out of it and skins were off.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky