Gar!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I'm loving SMF. Learning so much....including about gar--a fish I've never even HEARD of! The mention of carp reminded me: A few years back I almost bought a home owned by some older Polish folks. In a very nice garage in the back they had constructed an entire room dedicated to carp fishing, including their own deep carp pond, which was used for celebrations and family gatherings. There was even a smoker in the room. All of this--smack in the city of Seattle. If you google "carp poland" you see some hurkin' huge examples of what they catch over there.

Garfish are a delicacy in south Louisiana. Used to be all the local fairs and cook-offs and even outdoor concerts, there are always food vendors. And you would always see a Garfish ball vendor. And the old timers, they somehow flake and smoke the meat. People go completely crazy over the stuff. Like the oriental Bonita Flakes only smoked.

BrontoBurger - that sounds like my kind of carp fishing place!

I took off work a couple of hours early today, and got my carp flies organized, and got my fly rod and reel ready to go. Next opportunity that presents itself, I'm going to take my wife and see if we can't catch a couple of carp on the fly...

Foamheart - those Louisiana Cajuns really know how to cook! They can cook up some mighty tasty gar, and fit for a king too!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky