Gameday Ribs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mcokevin

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Oct 18, 2016
Orlando FL
A friend of mine and I were joking about a virtual rib cook off for the Steelers/Chiefs game today. I wasn't planning to actually smoke ribs today, but yesterday my brother called. He is coming in to Orlando for work, and due to a forecast snow storm in PA he moved his flight earlier, so he'll be coming over for dinner and the Steeler game today. Luckily he called yesterday while I was at Publix (picking up stuff for burgers to grill for my wife's brother and his family who were in town visiting yesterday) so I decided to throw a couple racks of spares in the cart.

On the 1050 a few minutes ago at 225 and rolling hickory. Also my first time running with any of the LSS mods, got the water pan and manifold cover on. Turns out my aluminum pans are too deep to use the drip pan brackets on this one. Left the top shelf in because I "might" be putting some chicken on during the rib smoke for our lunches this week...we'll see what the wife decides :emoji_joy:

I'll post some finished pics later, if I remember.

IMG_0161.jpeg

Looks like a good start

Gonna sit my butt down and wait for the finish also!

Ryan

D865C6BA-C970-4D8B-8A2A-B0DD9ECFD755.jpeg

Sauced a bit ago. Getting closer. And the verdict from the wife was thighs on for lunches this week.

Reactions: 912smoker
If the eaters don't complain, you have done well.
After tending my smoker all day, I often lose my appetite.

Do you pull the membrane on the inside? The membrane is not porous to smoke
I have been putting a lot of thought into vertical rib rack holders.
Stopped at Publix yesterday and they had spares at $4.99 or a whole dollar off.

Those ribs look pretty darn good to me!
I have been getting my ribs from WildForkFoods, instead of Publix.
Much better quality, and they have BB’s without that big chunk of loin meat on them. Just did a rack on Friday!
Al

Reactions: mcokevin
Those ribs look pretty darn good to me!
I have been getting my ribs from WildForkFoods, instead of Publix.
Much better quality, and they have BB’s without that big chunk of loin meat on them. Just did a rack on Friday!
Al
I’ve been really happy with everything I’ve got from there. Will have to try the ribs next.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky