Game day ribs - Did better than the Pack >_<

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

JC in GB

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Sep 28, 2018
Green Bay, WI
Good morning all. I made up a batch of ribs for the Packers - Lions game.

Looks like I did better than the Pack. Well, there is always 2023. You can be the judge.

Ribs - Baby back
Seasoning: Lawry's seasoned salt, Fleet Farm Back 40 rub, Heath Riles' Peach rub
Spritz: Water, brown sugar, Apple Cider Vinegar
Sauce: Sticky Pig original. (Xmas exchange gift from uncle eddie uncle eddie )
Flavor Wood: Hickory
Cooking Method: Stump's Baby charcoal smoker (with Black Cat 1 winterized controller)

Seasoned the ribs with salt and rubs and left in fridge over night. Added a fresh coat of peach rub before putting in the smoker.

Spritzed hourly.

Cold day in Wisconsin. Brrr...

Sauced with 3 applications of Sticky Pig Original BBQ sauce.

Taste: Rib flavor was spot on. Nice smoke ring and flavor. I really enjoyed the Sticky Pig Original BBQ sauce on these ribs. Thank you shout out to uncle eddie uncle eddie for that great sauce. Ribs were a bit dry though. I was surprised by that. Anyway, a good cook to start 2023.

I got the Fleet Farm Back 40 rub as a gift and this was the first time using it. I was suitably impressed. Nice robust flavor. I will use it again for sure. It is actually better than some of the big name rubs I have used IMHO.

JC :emoji_cat:

Attachments

• Rub.jpg
    Rub.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 26
  • Smoker.jpg
    Smoker.jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 24
  • Ribs cooked.jpg
    Ribs cooked.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 28
  • Ribs cut.jpg
    Ribs cut.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
Nice looking ribs! And yes better than the game was! Wife being a huge niners fan I wanted the Packers to win as well.

Ryan

Reactions: JC in GB
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky