Gambling against rain

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

SmokyMose

Smoking Guru
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 13, 2015
Indianapolis, Indiana
Yesterday the forecast called for thunderstorms. Today not so much. I've been jonesing for ribs so I said to heck with rain. Of course it rained this morning, but more or less cleared up by 10....so I proceeded with the plan.
Started with a spare, trimmed to St Louis and of course saved the trimmings :biggrin:
All rubbed and into the smoke at 11:45.
The 'Griller is settling for 260 to 280 today. Perfect!
More to come....

Last edited:
Now that's gonna be a nice meal! To me, ribs are hard to beat most any time, but when I can't make them it makes me want them more!

The cook snack looked really good!

Looks delicious!

Makes me hungry for ribs too!

I'm definitely smoking ribs & beans Memorial Day weekend!!

Al

Looks delicious!

Makes me hungry for ribs too!

I'm definitely smoking ribs & beans Memorial Day weekend!!

Al
Whenever I ask the Mrs what she would like, it's almost always ribs.
Got a long Memorial Day weekend coming and hopefully the weather will allow more than one smoke. I haven't done a brisket since last year and I'm itching...

sure looks tasty, have another 5 hours roughtly till mine are done. figured just about the time cavs are up 20 points in late 1st quarter. they'll be done.  rained all morning here too, but i usually smoke on side covered porch anyway.

sure looks tasty, have another 5 hours roughtly till mine are done. figured just about the time cavs are up 20 points in late 1st quarter. they'll be done.  rained all morning here too, but i usually smoke on side covered porch anyway.
It won't be long before I put up the tarp over the end of the patio. Rain or hot sun won't stop me. [emoji]128512[/emoji]

Tasty looking bones! I wanted to do some but I can't get them at a price I want lately.

Tasty looking bones! I wanted to do some but I can't get them at a price I want lately.
Meijer had spares on sale for $1.47#. I have orders not to buy any meat because the freezer needs defrosted, but I couldn't help it. So I had to cook them :biggrin:

That was a awesome and a great looking plate.

Well done sir.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky