FRUSTRATED WITH DELIVERY OF NEW MB 40 INCH ELECTRIC SMOKER.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

boogalie

Original poster
Jul 9, 2021
Mandeville, LA
Smoker was delivered Fedex to my house 7/12, opened it up this morning to assemble and the 'wood chip housing' was damaged to the point that I could not remove the drip pan underneath, and no chance of the 'wood chip loader' inserting due to the downward bend on the housing. 'Think' I successfully contacted MB with pics, but did not get any signal confirmation that my email went through. No phone number to talk to a human to confirm my send....guess I just wait for someone to email or call....just bothers me that I don't even know if they received my communication. Can anyone else chip in on their customer support??

MB CS has gone down hill over the past few years. To give you an example , about 5 years ago I sold a MES 40 Gen #1 to a friend of mine. I had owned it for about 4 years & decided I had too many smokers & he bought it for $100. He used it for about 2 years & the heating element went out & he called me. I told him to call MB CS & he did. They told him if he had the original receipt they would replace the unit with one of their new ones.
Well being OCD I had the original receipt & & he mailed it to them & in about 2 weeks he got a brand new MES 40, not sure what the model was but he is still using it. That is what MB CS used to be, now I hear they are no where near like that, and that is sad, cause on here they have a great following. But lets face it, now there are better options out there as far as electric smokers go.
Al

MB CS has gone down hill over the past few years. To give you an example , about 5 years ago I sold a MES 40 Gen #1 to a friend of mine. I had owned it for about 4 years & decided I had too many smokers & he bought it for $100. He used it for about 2 years & the heating element went out & he called me. I told him to call MB CS & he did. They told him if he had the original receipt they would replace the unit with one of their new ones.
Well being OCD I had the original receipt & & he mailed it to them & in about 2 weeks he got a brand new MES 40, not sure what the model was but he is still using it. That is what MB CS used to be, now I hear they are no where near like that, and that is sad, cause on here they have a great following. But lets face it, now there are better options out there as far as electric smokers go.
Al
Thanks for the feedback AL, am going to stay positive and will let the board know how I am treated........good or bad, may your next smoke be your best!!
1626282707655.png

I had MB years ago. Used so much that MB told me to take off the back metal serial # plate and mail it to them and they would replace my smoker. This happened 3 times and they told me not to contact them again about a bad smoker.

sth.jpg
Them

Thank you for the feedback Norman. Hope they surprise me favorably, will report what happens on the site. May your next smoke be your best my friend!!
Their FB page is the only thing they seem to these days. Too bad as they really once had outstanding CS.

I was having issues with my analog mes 30 maybe 2 years ago, so I called and talked to CS . They sent me a new cord with controller and new element for free, with no shipping. No ask of a receipt or when I bought it... guess I was lucky!

Ryan

I was having issues with my analog mes 30 maybe 2 years ago, so I called and talked to CS . They sent me a new cord with controller and new element for free, with no shipping. No ask of a receipt or when I bought it... guess I was lucky!

Ryan
Thanks for the heads up Brokenhandle, will let the board know how I am treated.

Thanks for the heads up Brokenhandle, will let the board know how I am treated.
I did go look at their website, it said you should receive an email confirmation after you send them your info... so also check your junk folder. If you receive nothing resend the info a 2nd time. If still no response it says to contact them on Facebook messenger.
Yes sounds like a pain in the butt! But wouldn't be surprised they are also short of employees... seems like most businesses have help wanted signs in the windows.

Hope this helps!

Ryan

Masterbuilt's CS has an up & down quality record.

Over 11 years ago I bought my MES 30, and I had no problem with it.
Then I bought an MES40 for my Son, and it wouldn't make the wood chips smoke.
The girls in the office were useless, and all they did was make stupid excuses, like "You can't use an extension cord, which I didn't, or That I should soak my Chips. That was a real great idea---See what I mean?? So I took it back to Cabela's & got him a new one.
Then a couple years later a Guy named Darryl started working there, and he got things working properly. He was great there for years, but I'm guessing he's not there any more, because I've been hearing too many complaints.

It seems to depend on who is working there, because it's an Up & Down quality thing.

Hopefully another "Turnover" will clean the place up again.

I heard you can have a better chance by going through Facebook somehow???

Good luck!! And Keep after them!!!

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky