Fruit???

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bekellog81

Meat Mopper
Original poster
OTBS Member
Feb 9, 2006
Meadville, MO
I saw in this section was callled Fruit, nuts and Veggies. Maybe I did not read this section well enough, but has anyone smoked any fruit?? i think that it may be interesting. How about any one esle???

Although considered veggies, peppers & tomatoes are technically fruit, these were smoked for salsa but could be used for soup or stew:
0010.jpg

These are apples & pears stuffed with a little sweetness:
0056.jpg

Once smoked a custard filled pumpkin:
0058.jpg

Wow, Bob that stuff lookes great. This gives me alot of Ideas. I think there will be an experiment in the near future!!!!!
Thanks Again

Ben, If you keep doing these "experiments" we're going to have to take up a spare change collection and buy you a "Mad Scientist" coat!! :twisted: :D

Bob, do you have a recipe for those stuffed apples and pears? I would love to try those. The pumpking looks interesting as well, what kind of custard did you use?

Sorry, I had to hit transmit & run, got invited to lunch.
wink.gif

This Blueberry Crumble is also good:

0152.jpg

It appears that I'll smoke just about anything... I've gotten that 'look' that says I should be committed on more than one occasion. :shock:

Lady J, the recipe is copyrighted and can be found in How to Grill by Steven Raichlen on page 428. If I remember it had butter, graham cracker crumbs, cinnimon, brown sugar, a tiny bit of ground clove, and I can't remember what other spice if any. Variations I have heard include placing a piece of a Snickers candy bar or some cinnimon Red Hots candy inside as a filling.

The Blueberry Crumble is posted at http://www.bbqu.net/season3/309.html#blueberry_crumble

yea ive done them with the snickers bar and i and everyone else didnt really care for them. we all agreed they were good but next time i was told to use brownsurgar only.

i noticed you just put yours in a pan and smoked. the recipe i got from had me wrap them in foil. i just figured it was something to cook while the other meats were reading themself for my belly.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky