• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Fruit Woods

whistlepig

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Dec 23, 2011
Fruit woods are scarce and expensive around here. I have found an online source to buy wood in bulk at a reasonable price. Post Oak and Cherry wood are favorites and would be my first choices to purchase.

I was thinking of trying Peach and Apricot and was wondering if anyone else used these woods.

noboundaries

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Sep 7, 2013
I live in a fruit-growing region and have tried several different fruitwoods. They are milder tasting than oak. Cherry adds some color. Someone with a more discerning set of tastebuds could chime in, but I didn't notice any taste difference between the stone fruit woods (peach, apricot, plum, etc) and the pome fruits (apples, pears). Consequently, I keep cherry and apple stocked because I can get it easiest.

smokerjim

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jan 14, 2014
i've smoked with peach when I prune my tree, it's a light tasting smoke in my opinion sort of like apple. hickory is my favorite.

Brokenhandle

Master of the Pit
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Nov 9, 2019
I use apple when I have trimmings from our tree. Otherwise for fruit wood I use mulberry, I swear if a bird poops a mulberry tree starts growing. But then again it does make a good wine

Ryan

millerbuilds

Smoking Fanatic
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined May 13, 2013
I use fruit woods all the time. I get Peach from and orchard nearby. My personal favorite is Pecan and Cherry mixed.

Smoke ON!

- Jason

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.