Frozen Ribs life

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BB-que

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Nov 8, 2016
whats everyone’s belief on,if vac packed,how long pork ribs are good for in the deep feezer? Also how does pork compare to say brisket or beef in general? Thanks for the thoughts

if the vac isn't broke I wouldn't be afraid to eat them even after 2 years, but that is me, everyone is different i'm sure you will get more suggestions.

I’ve had various things frozen in vac packs for over 3 years, without any noticeable problems.

I figure the meat has no idea how long it’s been below Zero, and what it doesn’t know won’t hurt either of us.

Bear

What they said, the only thing that'll make a difference is if it was previously frozen with out being vac sealed, then you vac seal and freeze it. At that point you could have freezer burn no matter what you do. I've seen that on ground beef before.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky