Frozen food....Really?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Oceantoad

Smoke Blower
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Feb 26, 2022
My mother inlaw asked dad to get her brisket out of the freezer to thaw so she can prep it for corned beef. When I saw this thing I just shook my head. What is it?, how long has it been in the freezer? Why not take the time to freeze it properly? All of their food in the freezer looks like this. Nothing labeled, nothing vacuumed packed, all covered in ice/frost, but "that's the way it should be done". Uuugggghhh!

Attachments

• 20220311_100415.jpg
    20220311_100415.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 31
  • Haha
Reactions: negolien
I was just talking to mom & pop about their hunk of ice they have thawing. It was from a piece of brisket they bought LAST MARCH!! SMDH.

Too funny, had the exact same thing happen to me with my mother in law only a 2kg bag of shrimp. Cooked up half a dozen of them for a taste test, they were so tough she wouldn’t even eat them. We tossed them outside in the dead of winter and had hours of enjoyment watching 2 weasels stash them under the neighbors shed.

Too funny, had the exact same thing happen to me with my mother in law only a 2kg bag of shrimp. Cooked up half a dozen of them for a taste test, they were so tough she wouldn’t even eat them. We tossed them outside in the dead of winter and had hours of enjoyment watching 2 weasels stash them under the neighbors shed.
So shrimp stuffed weasel for supper...fresh not frozen!

Ryan

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky