Fronter charcoal

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

realtorterry

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jun 5, 2009
Bullhead City, AZ
Anybody else ever try this brand? Just picked up a bag at lowes & so far I'm impressed with the larger stick style of it. It lit farely fast. I got some going now. I'll let you know how it comes out

If it is the same Frontier they sale at Sams i think it is awesome.  At Sams you get 40 pounds for 13 dollars it burns forever very little ash.  The only problem is you need to feel the bag I picked up one that was almost all chips.  I have only frontier since April.

I don't know if it's the same as my SAMs don't have it but that's a good deal. I paid 7 for 10lbs. So far I like it but it sure produces alot of it's own smoke?

I picked up a bunch of 40lb bags of Frontier lump wood this summer at Sams. I love it and for around $15 a bad you can' go wrong. I was buying a 10lb bag of crappie Cowboy for a little under that price before. I have 3.5 bags left still that will hopefully get my through the winter until they carry it at Sams again next summer.

All in all not bad. My sfb is really small so I can only put in a few large pieces at a time but once they get going they're not bad at all! I'll be trying this brand alot more:)

It is one of the better brands available.  It burns long and hot with lower ash. It is a little harder to start it seems for me even with a chimney but that can probably be attributed to the way it burns. By in large not too many very small pieces or huge ones either.

I did have one bag (from Sam's Club) that nearly half of it was not usable at all here recently so they agreed to send me a replacement. And I've used ALOT of Fronteir only having had a bad experience once.  Most of it I order through Ace Hardware but if you want some there's only about 400 20lb. bags left in their warehouse for the season. 

It's an excellent product.    

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky