From Brazil To USA Just Fallowing the Smoke And the Aroma

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

farman852000

Original poster
Jan 3, 2014
Walden, NY 12586
Thanks to have me here! I'm looking forward to learning all that I possible can. Fantastic Site, the best I believed! My name is Antonio Mesquita, I was borne and raised on the farm in Brazil. I Came here on 1985, 33 years old, it seams a life time for me. Meet a wonderfull Wife tha gave me 4 gracious kids, two boys end two girls. I know a lot about farming, but it's nothing like here in US. Things are very rustic over there still, the clock runs on much slow speed, electricity at my time was most run by diesel engines or hydraulic, if you had the means to install one, otherwise oil lamps, kerozine for lighting. Oxin, Mules and horses, as a way of, plowed the fieds, transport everithing. Now they are much modern overthere, better they say!! Sometimes hard life is heathy life. Here I started a total different life. Starting as a Dishwasher, prep, construction, back to work on a Catering place doing all kind of working. Than back to construction, to Wherehouse, and in 99 started working for the goverment, County level as Maintenance Electrician, to this day. Challenges? Planty, not counting a new linguage that was/ still tough to learning. But again I love challenges, specially new ones. I know about meat preserving, but using just rock salt, sun and dew. Happy New Year to you all!

welcome1.gif

enjoy!!!

you have found a wonderful neighborhood.

Tom

[h1]
texas.gif
Hello and welcome from East Texas. This is a great site, lots of information and great people that are willing to throw in their two cents worth on about anything.   
[/h1][h1]  [/h1][h1]Gary[/h1]

Thanks Tom and Gary! Right now I'm sitting home, driving my wife through the walls. I just had R houlder rotator cuff surgery, not much that I can do right now, so no better time to do what husbands doe best, as they say, right? Lots of time to read, save to the harddrive, and put to to the task later in the Summer, I hope! God Bless!

Atonio Mesquita. NY.

Gary, some day I will visit the great state of Texas, we all in Brazil, which's a big farming Country, have somethings in comum with you guys, as such : Rodeo and barbecues. If Gov. Rick Perry had made to the presidency, we would be smoking but with lower unemployment, and respect for our Constitution. Some one of these days, God willing!

Welcome!

You will find plenty of friendly folks with great advice on this forum. Lt the search bar at the top of the page be your new friend.  There are over 1 million post on this forum.  And that a lot of powerful knowledge right at your finger tips. Or just ask! If you have not checked it out already, Give Jeff's 5 day ecourse a try.  It is free and full of great information to make you an even better smoker.

Again Welcome.

Brian 

Thanks Brian!. I've visited many sites related to my hobby ( woodworking) and others ( metalworking) but this here leave all on the dust resources wise. I guess more people like to cook and eat than woodworking and glue things together. Even thought, we see some smoking coming out of the saw. LOL. You guys are making me feel at home already! Obrigado a todos! Thank you all!

Antonio, I worked in San Palo in 1970 was with Bencor Internationa,l did the retaining walls for the excavation for the new subway downtown.

Gary

welcome1.gif
Atonio.........hi from the gold country on the west coast...  I have learned so much from the folks on this site......I believe you will as well. Smoking food will get into your blood........and sausage making........now that hobby will really get you.

Brad

Wow! Small world Gary, I was 16, at that time. Sao Paulo now it's the 4th largest city in the wolrd, if I'm not mistaken. So the clima there was just right for you, not like here for me ( NY) the hiegst taxes in the Country, lol. Did you visit the "Festa do Peão in Barretos?" Rodeo Show, learned any Portugues? Probaly all the bad names, right?. It's fanny that I responded to you in respect of visiting you state. Kudos to you too Brad, believe or not I still have some smoke left on the blood, from smoked sausages right above the wood cooking stove back in the home town. Lots room still for more contamination, lol. Thanks both of you, for the kind words!

Did get to see a few sights, mainly I worked and my wife got to do quite a few things with the PR person from Camargo  Carea who was the GC. on the project. Learned a little Portuguese, manly just simple stuff to order food and ask a few questions. Food, city and people were great enjoyed the experience.

Gary

You almost got me GaryH. For a minute I though that was the same gary, and starting having bad thoughts about him. Winter? I have enough here in the Hudson Valley. Bitter cold last few days, 30º F it's cold enough for me, but 5º bellow? I'm now glad that I had my shouder fixed, not going out for while, I think you guys called "hibernation" but the bears get thin we get fat, I don't get though! LOL. Thanks any way for the invitation, I will keep it in mind!

Hay, we are in the 60's today earlier this week the highs were in the 20;s lows in the teens, 11º at our house, I know not near as cold as you guys or the snow, But it;s not supposed to be like that in East Texas 

Gary S

We would never make it with those kind of temps, When it was in the teens and twenty's  all the plumbing co's were snowed under (no pun intended) and working 24-7 

It is sure pretty up your way, just can't deal with the snow, ice and freezing temps all the time.

Gary S

:Hey Gary

Believe me every year that I get older, I just can't deal with the snow, ice and freezing temps.  LOL  We've already had a few -40* days

If Miss Linda and I ever hit the jackpot, we''re moving SOUTH.  It was always my intention to strap a snow shovel to the hood of my truck and head south.  When somebody finally asked me what it was, I planned to drive at least another 200 miles south, just to be on the safe side.  So what do we do?? We buy 10 acres of bushland in the Rocky Mtn foothills and build a house.  In a place we KNOW will be snowy and cold for at least half the year.  Apparently I'm just not the brightest bulb on the tree--sad but true--LOL at me

Gary

Did you get over your cold or flu?  Ever get a chance to start the Sour Dough Bread?  I think about it every once in a while, but !!!!!!

Anyway maybe you will get some warmer weather soon.

Take care

Gary

Welcome Antonio Mesquita! Wow, with a great name like that, you should be hosting your own BBQ show on TV! This is a great forum and you will learn a ton as I did. Also, I'm glad you were able to put down some roots here in the US. It always makes me happy to hear immigrant success stories and folks living out the American Dream. Good luck with your future smoking endeavors and post some pics soon!

Mr. Hibbert, Wow -40*....I hope that's Celsius and not Farenheit?!

Hey Gary

Yeah  Think I'm over it.  Will be starting the starter tomorrow.  Will keep you up to speed.  Just kinda sitting back and relaxing now that the lab has quit draining more blood out of me for tests than dracula could do on a good day.  LOL

Gary

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky