Fridge Build

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mazehavoc

Original poster
Well here I go.  Here are my design specks for a 12 cubic foot smoke chamber in my fridge.  I am using the top freezer compartment for storage and to house my controller.  Please let me know if I am on the right track.  This will be my first smoker. 

12 cubic foot cook area, 1500w element, Aberins PID, 3" vent, 9"x2" adjustable air intake A-Maze-N smoke tube.  element somewhat forward due to the design of the fridge.  Air intake in the door just above the element.  Vent near the top out the side.  Planing on putting smoke tube on the opposite side of vent 8 to 10 inches away from element.  Question: will the smoke tube produce enough smoke or do I need to do something different?

Thanks

Dale

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky