Fresh Pork Sausage (Kraut Dog Bonus)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Bearcarver

Gone but not forgotten RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Sep 12, 2009
Macungie, PA
Fresh Pork Sausage (Kraut Dog Bonus)

This Ninja makes Sausage Beautifully—Not the PITA it used to be.
I used to Grill these, and it was hard to get the inside done, without burning the outside.
Pan Frying was the same thing, Plus it splattered everything up in the area.
Now I just set the Ninja, throw them in for 4 minutes, flip them, another 4 minutes & they’re done!

Note: Sometimes when I make Fresh Sausage, I like to put them in a Roll, with Peppers, Fried Onions & Sauce, however sometimes I like to just add Ketchup, or Mrs Bear's BBQ Sauce, and some Hot Peppers (This was one of those times).

We got a Pack of 5 Sausages, which is 16 ounces, so here we go.
While it’s still in the wrapper I stab it like a serial killer, but with a Fork.
It’s much easier & quicker while in the clear wrapper.
Then I spray them real light with Avocado Oil.
Then into the Ninja, Set on “Grill”, at 390°, at 10 Minutes.
Then after 4 minutes, I flipped them all over.
After 4 more Minutes they were Done.

Meanwhile Mrs Bear made us some of her “HomeFries”, and I added a Veggie Medley side.

Then the Second Night I put two Sausages in 2 Hot Dog Buns with some of Mrs Bear’s BBQ Sauce, and some Tallarico’s Steak Sandwich Peppers.

Then the next two nights, I had some Kraut Dogs, with some Deviled Eggs, and some Pickled Red Beet Eggs.

That’s about it—Thanks for Looking,

Bear

5 Fresh Sausages warming up in my Ninja Grill @ 390°:
IMG_7476.jpeg

Bear's First
Sausage Supper, with Home Fries & Veggie Medley:
IMG_7477.jpeg

Getting ready for Second Night's Supper, with Mrs Bear's Sauce & Tallarico's Hot Steak Sandwich Peppers:
IMG_7478.jpeg

2nd Night's Supper:
IMG_7479.jpeg

3rd Night's Supper of a couple Dogs with Kraut, with mustard, and Deviled Eggs & Bear Jr's Home made Pickle Chips:
IMG_7468.jpeg

A Closer Look (Bear View):
IMG_7469.jpeg

One More Time!!!
IMG_7474.jpeg

5th Night's Supper---Mustard & Kraut Dogs, with Deviled Eggs & Pickled Red Beet Eggs:
IMG_7475.jpeg

Now there's 3 plates I can get into . Fantastic ! You getting ready for the winter ?
Eating pretty good over there . Nice cook and great meals .

Looking good!
Every time I look at one of your Ninja posts I find myself looking at them. One of these days....
I don't know why you stab them to death but I can't get the visual out of my head LOL!

Kraut and mustard on dogs and sausage, can't go wrong with that combo

Nice work Bear...as always. You do get a lot of mileage out of a cook. Makes sense to do that. I gotta agree with Ray here. Something about sausage, mustard, and kraut just can't be beat.

Robert

Very good John! What does jr use to cut those pickles so nice?

Thank You Clifish!!
He uses a Mandolin, and not a cheap one like mine.

Bear

Now there's 3 plates I can get into . Fantastic ! You getting ready for the winter ?
Eating pretty good over there . Nice cook and great meals .

Thank You Rich!!
Yup I'm ready!!---Needing oxygen all the time is a Royal PITA !!
Without this Ninja, Mrs Bear would have to go back to doing All the cooking!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Reactions: clifish
Looks like a perfect German meal! Beautiful, sauerkraut and brat/sausage can’t be beat! I have to say I breathed a sigh of relief when I realized the red sauce wasn’t ketchup! I was Raised in Iowa with a Chicago mom that would lecture my friends on the evils of ketchup on sausage, hotdogs, or brats if they asked for it! Thanks for sharing!

Bear that all looks amazing but the dog along with toe of my favorite sides in deviled eggs and picked eggs?? Sign me up!!

Looks like a great meal to me!
Our Grandson is visiting & we are having chili cheese dogs for dinner.
So you know I like that stuff, but I’m not supposed to eat it.
Gotta cheat once in a while, really looking forward to it!!
Al

Nice work Bear...as always. You do get a lot of mileage out of a cook. Makes sense to do that. I gotta agree with Ray here. Something about sausage, mustard, and kraut just can't be beat.

Robert

Thank You Robert !!
Yup---Those 3 make a Great Mix!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Looking good!
Every time I look at one of your Ninja posts I find myself looking at them. One of these days....
I don't know why you stab them to death but I can't get the visual out of my head LOL!

Thank You Mose!!
Yes, it is just like you imagine---I just have to keep my Left hand away from the package during the Fork Attack!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky