1. Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Fresh Green Beans, New Potatoes & Cured Smoked Hocks ~Foamheart

Discussion in 'Veggies' started by foamheart, Sep 27, 2018.

1. MeatSkull

MeatSkull Meat Mopper

Country cooking, I'd be all over that!

2. crazymoon

crazymoon Master of the Pit SMF Premier Member

Kevin, Sorry for the late reply but I just saw this post. I would love a plate of those beans,I can almost smell them from here ! like

3. zwiller

zwiller Smoking Fanatic

In this spirit of this thread I chucked a small rib bone leftover from a recent smoke into a lowly can of green beans I was heating up on the stove... HOLY S***. Can't get your kids to eat veggies? Tray that... Bet you do 2 cans next time.

4. foamheart

foamheart Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Those who have never planted or picked or shot or hooked or butchered their own food miss alot. My parents actually worried about me when I went to college. They should have worried about the school, the bars and the ladies! LOL

5. foamheart

There is just something about the smell when cooking fresh veggies, it permeates the whole house! Maybe why they taste so good, your mouth has been watering all day awaiting the meal!

6. foamheart

Don't forget those small new potatoes. They are almost like eating the the tenderest pulled pork, they melt in your mouth. Its just a country thing.

EDIT:: Go check your local farmers market. fresh food is always cheaper and tastes better than canned. You cook whatever the season provides, when the winter finially sets in thats when you bring out those canned veggies! If you have to do canned, add a pinch of sugar and a splash of lemon juice. That lemon pepper spice works pretty well also.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2018